2 factor authentication on google

Hey guys!
Anyone knows how the Google authenticator works?
So if I set up authenticator to my coinbase account, save the secret key. And can’t find my phone. Now I set up a new authenticator with the saved secret key on a new phone. And get the authenticator code for login. But what if I find the old phone. Now the authenticator invalid on the old or what will happens? Which authenticator code will be valid? Or both phone Google authenticator will be in sync? Really appreciate it if someone can answer. Hope my problem explanation was clear.

5 Likes

I use Authy instead, they’re a 3rd party open-source implementation of Google Authenticator. On Authy at least I know you can run multiple versions of the app at the same time on different devices- they’re all “in sync”. The problem arises if you lose your keys or backup password… then you’re hosed.

3 Likes

Thank You! I heard it,maybe on Good morning, Crypto! Google will have an update on the authenticator and it’ll allow multiple devices.

1 Like

Thanks for helping out. :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking at different 2 factor authentication and would really appreciate any feedback on which is the best safest and one with the least chance of loosing everything. What does Ivan use? I wonder??

1 Like

I’m still use Google authenticator. To not losing everything ? Save your code multiple safe locations !!! That’s the only way not losing everything :wink::heart:

2 Likes

i forgot my code 2FA so can you know how to solve it ?