About the Storing crypto category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

1 Like

Ivan did a great video on the options and security issues with the various storage methods out there. See:

Doc

2 Likes

Hi I did something stupid any way out? I sent XBT to my ether wallet, but ether wallet doesn’t support XBT so where is my XBT now?

I have a bad feeling they’re gone. If you’re lucky, the transaction will be invalid and the crypto will return to your original wallet. Seeing how I’m answering this 14 hours after you posted it, if you don’t have them back by now you probably won’t get them back.

Thanks for your reply I realised I had actually sent the XBT to another exchange, they took over a week to arrive, I guess my gas was too low, but I did not see any option for gas setting as I sent from my qoinpro account to an exchange platform. From now on I’m logging every transaction on a note pad for my reference.