Academy certification

Hello,

@ivan @filip I love the content on the academy! Keep it up

I was using https://ivanontech.teachable.com/ for a while and I have completed a couple of courses there.
Can the completion certificate be produced for academy.ivanontech.com?

Please let me know about this. Ivan has been shilling the certification on the stream past week and I want mine :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

Great that you switched to the new site! Iā€™ve issued you the new version of the certificate for the courses that youā€™ve completed in the old system. Keep on learning!

1 Like

Got it! Just checked my email :+1:

Yeah Iā€™m looking forward to starting the ETH smart contract progrmming 101 course soon !

Hello @filip,
how does Certification work in general? I didnā€™t find anything about this. Isnā€™t there an FAQ somewhere about this?

My question about this are:

• Will any course have a ā€œCertificateā€? Or just whole Tracks? Im following the Technical Analysis course, but this one doesnā€™t seem to be in any track.
  • How does certification work? Do you check the ā€œcompletionā€ flags for each lesson/chapter? What about the homeworks in the forums?
  • How does the certificate ā€œlook likeā€? I mean: Is this just a PDF or JPG or do you issue it and store in ā€¦ on some blockchain, so anyone can verify it?

Thanks and have a nice weekend everyone!
Marco

Great question! Maybe this is something we should add on the membership page or in a q&a.

Will any course have a ā€œCertificateā€? Or just whole Tracks? Im following the Technical Analysis course, but this one doesnā€™t seem to be in any track.

All courses have certificates. At the moment there are no specific certificates for full tracks.

How does certification work? Do you check the ā€œcompletionā€ flags for each lesson/chapter? What about the homeworks in the forums?
Yes, all the lectures and quizzes are checked. Once 100% is reached a certificate is sent. The homeworks are checked manually once a potential employer contacts us about a potential condidate and wants to verify the certificate. Then we will do a full review of homeworks and assignments.

How does the certificate ā€œlook likeā€? I mean: Is this just a PDF or JPG or do you issue it and store in ā€¦ on some blockchain, so anyone can verify it?

Itā€™s a PDF. You can check out what it looks like on our homepage. Anyone can verify the certificate by contacting us with the certificate in question. But we are looking at incorporating blockchain in the future.

Hey @filip,

I have completed the ETH smart contract programming 101 course. Had a lot of fun learning solidity and loved the content :smiley: Cannot go back into the course for some reason?! It keeps bringing me back to course library page. Will the certificate be emailed to me after the completion of courses or will it be accessible through the course page?

Also, I am planning to do the ETH programming 201 course now and then the smart contract security course. Do you think going in that order is fine or would you suggest the other way around?

Thank you,

Great job! Iā€™m proud of you. The certificate should be emailed to you automatically. If itā€™s not, email [email protected] and they will help you :slight_smile:

Regarding the library page it might be a bug in the last update. I think we have resolved it now. Can you check if it works now? If not, does this link work (https://academy.ivanontech.com/products/ethereum-smart-contract-programming-101)?

I would continue with 201 and then security. Thatā€™s a great plan :slight_smile:

Hey, Iā€™m still not able to enter the course from the library page. I can access it only using the link you have pasted.

I still have not received the certificate email. Will reach out to [email protected] about this

I have a solution perhaps for incorporating a Certificate on Eth, but i just joined here and am more interested in Learning more stuff and building up some more Certifications myself

yes yes yesā€¦a certificate on the blockchain needs to be built if it hasnt already. I gave up using Linkedin some time ago when i learned they were selling peoples dataā€¦although the whole point is to publish data there for people to see? maybe thats a great project for later to build a certification scheme on the blockchain.