Assignment - Case Studies

Good pick… I chose Celsius and in using their loan offering I had to receive USD to the UK from the US. Transferwise charged a very reasonable/inexpensive rate, and when I sent the funds from my TFW account to Barclays, they cleared in 3 seconds. Now that’s impressive.

1 Like

Celcius, Crypto.com and in Switzerland - TWINT. (https://www.twint.ch/en/about-us-twint/)
Twint was not widely used up until around 2018 and now they are very popular.
Anyone with any Swiss Bank account can use it to send each other money (via phone number), Pay Parking or Store/Online purchases via QR code payments.

1 Like

Celsius Network.
You are able to earn passive income with high percentage interest on you funds. You do have a choice on what tokens you would like to be paid out for your interest… (BTC, USD, CEL ect) you are able to access your funds when ever suits you. They have a great community. They are very transparent and adding to the platform constantly.
Easy to borrow funds also.
Excellent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like and use Celsius, I like the fact that they share most of their profits with the users and have good tokenomics for the Cel token. It is good to get some passive income by leaving our crypto assests with Celsius, they have an excellent record so far, however I am never at ease when I have to trust my funds to a 3rd party. It would be good to be assured that our cryptocurrencies are insured.

1 Like

i was going to say Crypto.com but i am looking into Square now- thanks!

I have been using transferwise for some time now. It is my favorite because it gives the ease of banking - you separate your private and business account very easy- and it has the exchange service which makes it very easy to pay freelancers in foreign countries in a matter of minutes.
what I do miss with transferwise is a payment gateway to be used in e-commerce.

1 Like

I think that Crypto.com is good to a point, put they need more work over security and technical issues.

I am wondering why didn’t any one of the participants talk about Coinbase, they are doing a great job! But their fees are high.

Although that Fintech sector is growing in a very high speed, but I think that it is still at the very beginning point of a long and wide road.

2 Likes

My favorite Fintech is TransferWise. I’ve been using them for years and love how they have gradually innovated their services without ever compromising their core product. I was recommended TransferWise by a Fx banker which always makes me smile.

1 Like

It’s a very good point, Coinbase was the app where I first onboarded into crypto. However, as my needs changed so did my choices. And yea there’s a long way to go for the industry.

2 Likes

I’ll go with a few of my favorite Fintechs:

• Venmo - US company owned by PayPal. Account holders can transfer funds to others through the mobile app. I’ve used Venmo since I was a student, transferring my fair portion of the pizza party, to also being able to pay small businesses with Venmo

• TransferWise - Money transfer service with multi-currency accounts. You are able to send/receive money with international bank details and track transactions through the mobile app. Very useful if you have multiple bank accounts.

• Acorns - US financial services company. Specializes in micro-investing. This is a good app if you want to invest small portions of money without having to worry about buying and selling shares. You can choose your type of portfolio (conservative or aggressive) and you can also link your debit card to round up extra change from purchases to invest.

1 Like

I believe that so far, my favourite fintech is revolut - versatile, easy-to-use and they are always preparing something new for the customer. Plus, their customer service is really smooth (although really busy!, but still, I never waited more than couple of minutes to have an answer). they have really revolutionized the way how I think of money, and also facilitated the way we can travel and have all the foreign currencies at hand. Great job!

1 Like

Uuuuu … this is hard. I have no favorite really, I use a lot of them for different purposes:

1. Crypto.com: I used it a lot to buy crypto at the beginning because they charged no fee using credit card, which was awsome. But what really cough my eye was that they offered a debit card to spend my crypto, thus I would not have to pay taxes over my crypto gains in chile which are 30% of the profits :stuck_out_tongue: … but finally they dont deliver the cards to chile yet
  2. Crypterium: because they DID issue the card, but I havent been able to activate it though … It seems that Iam cursed with the crypto debit cards. But they still offer only 1% charge by paying with credit cards when you are buying cryptos
  3. Celsius: this one I forgot why I downloaded it, but currently I have a loan with them, so I trusted them with storing some of my BTC in exchange for some USDC, which I used to buy more BTC, which then I sold when the BTC price went up, Iam still trying to recover my BTC though … I will let you know if they can be trusted.
  4. Dukascopy Bank: They offer a swiss bank account for free with no residency, which is great for us latinamericans … I also recently ordered a debit card to use when I travel to europe, which only costs 1 EUR to mantain … so when I go to europe I can sell some of my crypto using coinmama and transfer them to my swiss bank account wiht 0% charge … and I can spend EUR without converting them back to CLP
1 Like

My favorite fintech is Celsius. After learning about the platform from Ivan I started using it about 4 months ago. I love how sleek the GUI is and how easy it was to get started. The ability to stake and earn 5-8 % is great along with the ability to hold more Cel tokens and earn even more interest. This company is truly giving the profits back to the people. Beyond that I am ready to take out my first loan and because I have a large portion on Cel token it will be at such a low interest rate! I plan to pay off my student loans (crazy high rate) and save so much money in the long run.

1 Like

Paypal the OG
BlockFi nice and easy to use.

1 Like

my favourite is paypal, now that they are entering crypto as a valid payment method it would be perfect if PAID (KYLE CHASSE) AND PAYPAL COULD TEAM UP AT SOME POINT IN THE NEAR FUURE. THAT WOULD BE AN AWSOME FINTECH/TECHFIN PAIRING. :wink: :innocent: :clap:

1 Like

Damn, it’s tough to say so I’m just gonna go with BlockFi, Kraken, and dYdX. I’ll just give a few reasons why each are awesome and leave it at that.

BlockFi - I’m getting 5.25% on my ETH and over 8% on my USDC. I can take loans out on my crypto without having to spend it, I can trade and I can swap, all in one spot. To put this into perspective Chase here in the US gives .01% - on BlockFi if a person deposited 1 Million in USDC they would receive over 80k per year in interest! Live off your interest at that point.

Kraken - this is the first exchange I used and I still use it to this day. You can buy, sell, store, stake, and convert/swap fiat and cryptos. You can spot and margin trade as well. Kraken has obtained a State Banking License in the state of Wyoming, the first of its kind. I’m getting 12% on my staked DOT and KSM, which will make it extremely simple when I decide to swap those bags for ETH as soon as Bitcoin Dominances goes under 40, (Don’t worry I’ll save a couple moon bags for later). I can send any funds I’ve decided to actually cash out directly to my credit union via wire transfer if I want, but why would I do that when I could just swap into a stable coin and deposit on BlockFi for 8.25%?

dYdX Protocol - to my knowledge, the only wallet based, on-chain lending/borrowing/trading platform that is US compliant. No fee spot trading within supported pairs, Margin trading up to 5X, everything deposited gains interest, you can borrow as well. I loved using it when it was cheap, but lately fees have been painful to say the least, BUT they do have a layer 2 solution launching soon which will drastically reduce the fees. As a wallet based solution where my funds are not deposited onto an exchange, instead into a smart contract, which I REALLY REALLY like. Remember, not your keys, not your crypto.

3 Likes

One of my favorite fintech is Revolut, which I have been using for traveling and currency exchange purposes. I am even more happy that they adapted to crypto.

I am curious to try Celcius due to incentives in form of interest or Cel tokens, that I can further lend to other institutions. The only downside of it is that I am not able to hold my keys for my crypto assets held in Celcius.

2 Likes

My favorite one is Coins.ph they’re not just popular, I personally use the platform.

A mobile platform that connects over 300 million people in Southeast Asia. Founded in 2014, the company utilizes existing retail infrastructure (over10, 000 locations) for withdrawals and deposits, cutting down on one of the biggest cost elements of traditional retail banking. The company processes thousands of transactions per day, including bills payment, remittances, and mobile top-ups.

Read More https://techbullion.com/popular-fintech-companies-philippines/

2 Likes

Celsius is my favorite Fintech at the moment. I like the possibility of earning money by holding some cryptos at Celsius. Also the possibility to borrow with your cryptos as collateral is interesting. Their own coin is interesting as well. You can earn crypto interest in the same currency that you hold at Celsius or in their own token, Celsius or Cel token. The rewards are higher in Celsius, but then there’s the question of which currency will do better pricewise over time.

2 Likes

I never thought of a Fintech as my favourite one, but I’d say PayPal is probably my favourite as it is the one that I use the most, and has in that sense added the most value to my life.
What I like about it is, among other things: that I never had any problems with them, the way they make it so easy and smooth to send money to friends or use it for online payments. Also their UX is nice and the history of the company with its founders Elon Musk and Peter Thiel is pretty cool.

1 Like