Assignment - Fintech and the UNs Sustainability Development Goals

• Take 3 of the United Nations Sustainable development goals (SGDs) and explain how your fintech use case can contribute to the goals. If you don’t have a use case yet, figure one out based on the SDGs.
2 Likes

Our unified bank systems and crypto exchange UNUM is actively supporting the United Nations guidelines for improving life and society. On details the UNUM startup is:

• Offering free of charge service to health connected institutions in order to make a small contribute to good health and well-being (goal 3)
  • Offering free of charge service to companies that demonstrate to complain the guidelines for circular economy (fully recyclable production and/or processing rejection) (goal 12)
  • Our facilities, located in Italy, are only using sustainable energy from own solar-panels (goal 7)
4 Likes

Our C02 tracking app for each transaction based on merchandise category code will help achieve goal #13

2 Likes

(Goal 4) Sharing quality financial education through our website, which will also work as an advertisement.
(Goal 10) Helping reduce inequality by giving everyone access to easily accessible earnings on their savings.
(Goal 7) We will aim to become fully sustainable by 2030.

Above I refer to the Business Canvas Model assignment

4 Likes

Goal 12 : Sustainable Consumption and production, with the ability to track the plants from seed to end user, more efficient and carbon neutral systems can be used to produce plants for consumption

Goal 2: Zero Hunger, with efficient delivery systems , it will be easier to repopulate areas in the world experiencing famine or desertification

Goal 3: Health, mental and physical health that comes with food security, will lead to less conflict and more social improvement

2 Likes

Again, this will be confidential information, so i will try something else

Embedded finance app that tracks how much you are spending on transactions that helps the different goals in the UNSG.

You can have a gaming system where you get some perks by buying according to these goals.

1 Like

Take 3 of the United Nations Sustainable development goals (SGDs) and explain how your fintech use case can contribute to the goals. If you don’t have a use case yet, figure one out based on the SDGs.

• Peace, justice & strong institutions: work with a partner like Refinitiv/Salv for an edge in terms of proactive counter measures to financial crime. Position brand as a leader in the space, rather than ticking the box of compliance. Establish a competitive edge as regards to KYC, KYT & KYD in this way - and be seen to combat human trafficking, drug trafficking, and terrorist threats.

• Responsible consumption & production: work with a partner such as Datia to inform customers as to where purchases have come from & give rich data feedback as to the impact of this as to distribution of job creation and also sustainability of production around the world (indirectly using insights gleaned from their merchant codes). Reward user behaviour that seeks to improve this (examples below)

• Climate action: work with a partner such as Doconomy to enable customers to understand CO2 emissions - and & reward customers with points and priority lifestyle benefits / discounts when they make efforts to reduce these in the context of ther day-to-day living or business transactions

2 Likes

Personally, I’m not really a big fan of the SGD’s.

2 Likes

The idea that I explained and mapped in previous topics will make the struggle of rental much less for anyone whom is using the platform which is number 1.
Also number 8 and 10.

2 Likes
  1. Sustainable cities and communities

As the global price of property increases, the inequality of wealth continues to widen.

10.Reduce inequalities.
As property has always been the game of the rich and wealthy, with time and technology it can help decrease that.

1. Quality Education
    As the first step is always getting educated on new concepts and ideas that foresee the near future.
2 Likes

My concept for my idea may not be as specific as it is for some or secret as it may be for others but, like this course, is - at least for me- thought provoking, as I land on the interesting article https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/blog/2018/01/sdglive-wef18-using-blockchain-advance-global-goals/

My research that led me here stemmed from looking into this SDG framework that took me through various UN sites before settling as my start at SDG element # 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth - yet specifically in the context of # 11 Building sustainable communities.

Furthermore, If one can agree that the future lies and relies in the hands of our future leaders and innovators, I see FinTech a DJ potentially blockchain as a tool for helping the youth realize their financial and future independence - as well as everyone else’s.

I feel it important to maintain their (And all of our) sense of optimism, not only have access to clean energy and sustainable work and skills yet to contribute to one’s own sense of responsibility and making a difference in and on life, to command one’s own future well-being.

in the context that is now at hand: how the pandemic ‘19 has decimated employment, in general, yet even more specifically, in so far as to consider our opportunity fir positive effect on preventing lost generation(s) of youth yet for them and all of us to emerge into the workforce to support everyone’s tomorrow.

I would like to challenge myself and you to see our respective Fintech ideas to build a sustainable economic infrastructure, for building strong (#11) communities and leveraging, the greatest innovative power of our time, that is for me, blockchain and this fascinating collaborative direction that FinTech is embarking upon !

I find it also to be a greater challenge, as exhibited to me by this linked interview here for all of us to is to find an opportunity thru blockchain and for our forum Fintech as the # 9 Industry Innovation for economics growth that can address and prevent further poverty in our communities, which indeed persists. Poverty is now further fuelled by this pandemic, that can only be socio/macro economically effectively compared by taking it in the perspective, not merely vis-à-vis the 2008 financial or the Eu Financial crisis or even the Great Depression but compared by 1918 Spanish Flu, and Black Plague, if not yet by the matters 3 in death toll but but by their inter-generationally effect on innovation and resilience of mind and community.

I feel strongly that access to clean power and financial education are key pillars for our struggling youth and generally for all as both poverty and now systemically forced unemployed and faltering small businesses too. These are our opportunities to affect change ina positive way and at the global le level, as hopeful developers of the new economy that all of us are today building !

But not with out challenges!

Namely recognize / acknowledge first that, as we move along the Production Possibilities Curve, our challenge preventing adoption of blockchain and Fintech, if not DeFi and CEFI and programmable-money-alike too, is by educating the minds, by a large part, of the youth and well as the establishment not only in the minds of our peers and future partners yet within the minds of those in the industrual complex and in government but we must also work patiently against the established countervailing narrative in the minds of our youth too as that can only be overcome by building trust in the innovative application of blockchain where possible and of our emerging Fintech technologies; and for us to not be discouraged by the skepticism preventing adoption by these non-blockchain nonFintech intimated folks that we need on board, as we attempt to rebuild in our global community, starting with a local need, for me if not also for some of you.

thank you for this opportunity Gustaf, et al!

2 Likes

All goals are important in my opinion :innocent: and fintech, defi, etc, etc. can be used including all goals :crazy_face:

There is a growing trend that a part of a business’s calling is to have a social impact and give back or contribute to another cause besides that business and that creates an ongoing debate.
Building your business in an environmentally cautious way and providing equal opportunities is a must. Many local legislations also offer help and guidance to a better social environment.
The fact is that the main purpose of a business is business and its main responsibility is to its employees, customers, and shareholders.
When starting up a business, introducing another cause can dilute the energy and power of that company and change its main purpose. The ability to scale may decrease along with profitability and make the company less competitive and successful.
Once the goal of the company is reached and success is achieved it’s time for charity and giving back more and more with the years you grow.

2 Likes

Zero Hunger - I earned $30 in 5 days just from the free races @ ZED.run. You could feed yourself meagerly, but still…

Affordable and Clean Energy - You could pay a portion or all of your electricity bill with your winnings.

Reduced Inequalities - If people are earning money from FREE horse races just by sheer probability of numbers AND either paying a utility bill or buying food for themselves, that is reduced inequality that no on can complain about.

1 Like

Domus directly addresses one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal, named Sustainable cities and communities and indirectly tackles some others, like No Poverty, Quality Education, Income Inequality, Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.

1. Sustainable cities and communities.
    Share of urban population, leaving in slums, rose to 24% in 2018 due to increase of the affordable housing gap.

Domus idea is to launch a new financial hybrid tool, digital fraction of property, pegged by the residential real estate. Domus has ambitious goal to orchestrate evolution of residential real estate, i.e to be involved in re-imagining of participant’s relations in letting, mortgage and development.
Because of it we hope that the market price of this fraction will be more than underlying physical footage price. It’s worth noting as well that the Domus Index Token has a lot of in-built utility functions as well as it could be a unit of account in the platform.

The difference between these two prices or token price surplus can cover partially an affordable housing gap, decrease mortgage overpayment and rent payment.

It means that people could find an adequate housing or re-allocate their expenses.

1. Quality Education.
    In Melbourne a household pays up to 60% of income for the rent. Regrettably this very often results a cut off for children education expense. Decrease of rent for 10% allows to save money for better education.

3)Poverty.
If you were born in slum it is very difficult to leave the vicious circle.

1. Income inequality.
    If I am a fan of Tesla and I don’t have enough money to buy the car the Tesla’s recent success in stock exchange or nice investment to bitcoin doesn’t help me to buy a car cheaper NOW. Domus protocol shares and distributes extra profit between all loyal participants of ecosystem by a fair manner.
2 Likes
  • Take 3 of the United Nations Sustainable development goals (SGDs) and explain how your fintech use case can contribute to the goals. If you don’t have a use case yet, figure one out based on the SDGs.emphasized text

3 — Good Health and Well Being - People with good investment foundation will have more time for themselves as they worry less. Part of the investment can be linked to health insurance scheme that ties to fitness app

1 — Reduced Inequality - set up a scheme to promote model village.

10 — No Poverty - put this scheme together with Reduced Inequality we can slowly progress towards no poverty.

1 Like

I agree 100%. I feel always very manipulated when I see the symbols. It is very popular in Scandinavia. I do live in Iceland and they are very proud and feel modern to integrate the goals in daily business. Nothing for me.

1 Like

It’s also very popular in The Netherlands. I’m very skeptical to everything connected to the WEF

1 Like

I know there is a lot of spekticism on the UN 17 SDG but I strongly belief new technologies can give a propper aproach and many benefits to the society, specially when it comes to the Blockchain/Smart contracts where you can track all the investments and see where they go, also it can provide financial, educational and technological acces to less developt communities with urgent needs.

Fintech project use case idea:

Project: Crofwfunding with smart contracts

Connecting/sponsoring investors to consolidated projects related to the 17 SDG with stable coins like DAI or USDT.

The investors/sponsors of a certain project don’t lose their investment and they recieive a specfic ROI back after a fixed period of time by using cefi apps like celsius,blockfi or from the DEFI space like Uniswap into a liquidity pool.

The collected investments could be used as collateral to borrow fiat and be sent directly to the Project.This could be seen as an improvement for the actual charity based projects where sometimes it’s difficult to track where the money is reaching and there is no expectation of a return of the investment.

Example: funding funds for a Water project in Kenya through an established charity organization.

SDG goals covered by the project:

6- Clean Water and Sanitation: offering to the community a rainwater colector

1- No Poverty: Helps the community by helping with the basic needs.

10- Reduced Inequalities: the project has a positive impact by reducing inequalties.

1 Like

Without revealing too much information it is to help farmers in developing countries to get out of poverty (goal 1) by more efficient distribution chains using of block-chain (goal 9), including renewable energy (goal 7).

1 Like