Backend vs Frontend

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

3 Likes

The link in the first assessment leads to the development courseā€¦ Iā€™ll post my answers here instead as I couldnā€™t find any answer from this course on the link in the section
(and I find it hard Iā€™m the first one to answer these questionsā€¦)

1. Which type of developer programs the code that users interact with directly?
    An UI designer
  2. In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use?
    JavaScript, HTML, CSS
  3. Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly?
    A frontend developer
  4. Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases?
    A backend developer (database admin)
  5. Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)?
    .Net and Python
4 Likes
    Designer of UI
    JavaScript, CSS, HTML, etc.
  3. Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly?
    Frontend
    Backend
  5. Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)?
    Python, Ruby, Javaā€¦
1 Like
    A UI Designer
    HTML, CSS and Javascript
    Frontend
    Backend
    Python, Ruby

Which type of developer programs the code that users interact with directly? Front-end UI Developer

In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use? HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly? Front-End Developer

Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases? Back-end Developer

Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)? Ruby and Python

1. Which type of developer programs the code that users interact with directly? Frontend
  2. In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use? HTML , CSS , JavaScript
  3. Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly? Frontend
  4. Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases? Backend
  5. Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)? Ruby, PHP, Java, .Net, and Python
    R: Frontend developers
    R: HTML, CSS, Javascript
    R: Backend developers
    R: Backend developers
    R: Python, Ruby

the link to this assignment is to a programming assignment.

1. Front-end (client-side)
  2. Html/css/javascript
  3. Back-end (server-side)
  4. Both back- and Front-end (Full stack)
  5. SQL/Oracle

Greetz Fabrice Manzo šŸ’™

@ivan the link to this in the course is wrong. https://forum.toshitimes.com/t/binding-functions-and-control-flow-reading-assignment/3069

Front end developer

1. In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use?

HTML, CSS, Java Script

1. Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly?

Back end developer

1. Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases?

Back end developer

1. Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)?

Python, Ruby

1.Which type of developer programs the code that users interact with directly?
Frontend developer
HTML, JavaScript, CSS
A backend developer
A backend developer
Java, Python, PHP

Hello,
First, I would like to say I felt micro aggressed when you called apps dumb several times in your speech on IT Infrastructure Ivanā€¦I am an NPC, and you really hurt my greylings.

1> The type of Developer that does this is preferably one who wants to be doing what he is doing and knows the difference between front end and back end developer by now.

2> HTML, CSS, and some Java Script (Different than Java) if I remember correctly.

3> The type of developer that does this would preferably be one who can hold off the stimulants and drugs during the important parts or reviewing and correcting the logic, and would likely have some back end skills.

4> Databases, I believe that would be the boring types. I think back end, unless there was another name Iā€™m forgetting.
// This comment is for the trolls
5> I personally canā€™t speak any languages to any databases, (at least without my ā€˜Arduino Computer speech database modulaterā€™ turned on), so I could try to learn and use Python, PHP, Java, or a couple of others. I prefer ones that use the new ā€˜lightning railsā€™ that I thought up for Ruby, just I have yet to develop them, to be honest, thatā€™s the real reason Iā€™m in Blockchainā€¦lightning railsā€¦

RRRRRā€¦R U A Pirate?

LoL, my sense of Humor, no harm intendedā€¦

YC

1. UI Developer
    2.CSS,Java script, HTML
    3.Frontend
    4.Backend
    5.Ruby, JAVA, Python

Is the answer for question 3 not ā€œBackendā€? Others responded differently.

First I would like to point out to @ivan that the link in the course leads you to a different ToshiTimes forum discussion.

Secondly I noticed that people have different answers for question 3. My answer is backend. What do you think? Please comment below.

1. Which type of developer programs the code that users interact with directly? ā€“ Frontend developers (UI developers)

2. In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use? ā€“ HTML,CSS, Java Script

3. Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly? ā€“ Backend developer

4. Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases? ā€“ Backend developer

5. Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)? - Python and Java

Frontend Devs
    HTML, CSS, JavaScript
    Frontend Dev.
    Backend Dev.
    Python, .Net

I think the answer for the question 3 could be both frontend and backend. In the article it points out that the Concepts of UI designer will be turned into a logical, functional app through frontend development.

1 Like
    Frontend
    HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    Backend
    Backend
    Ruby, Java
1 Like
  1. Frontend, UI and Ux developers
  2. Html, JavaScript, CSS
  3. Backend and Full-Stack
  4. Backend and Full-Stack
  5. Python, Ruby, Java
    Interesting!
1 Like

Ans. UI Developer or Front End Developer programs the code that users interact with directly.

1. In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use?

Ans. In web-development, A front End developer typically uses HTML , CSS , JAVASCRIPT , frameworks like Bootstrap and Angular , as well as JS libraries JQUERY.

1. Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly?

Ans. A backend developer is a type of programmer who creates the logic of a software application or information system.

1. Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases?

Ans. A Back End Developer is responsible for handling databases.

1. Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)?

Ans. Ruby, PHP, Java, .Net, and Pythonā€¦Ruby On Rails.