Basic EOS Programming - Discussion

I’m still waiting for an answero from EOStudio team. The post above your last reply is an advice if you feel up to the challenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

Still, i will be here to help you.

Carlos Z.

Hi @chaneltiana,

While we are waiting for an answer from EOS Studio team:

Is it the helloworld project you want to deploy?

Are you on Windows, Mac or Linux? Are you using EOS Studio Web or the local version?

Hi @swisscrypto,

Yes, the helloworld project is what I would like to deploy, and I am using the EOS Studio Web on Windows

1 Like

Cool! I am using EOS Studio Web on Windows as well, so we can easily compare.

Yes I encountered an issue nine days ago, and the EOS Studio team fixed the building issue. Five days ago, building and deploying the helloworld contract worked for me.

I just attempted to build it and deploy it again today: I encountered the “Internal Server Error, real status: 500” error again, but still a messaged popped up saying that the contract was successfully built (not sure it was really built because it was very quick), so I tried to deploy it, but it failed (“Deploy Failed”, “Failed to fetch”). Is it the same message that you get?

Here is the helloworld.cpp code that I have:

(The helloworld.hpp file is empty.)

Do you have the same code in helloworld.cpp?

Yes, I have the same exact code, and I am getting the same message when deploying. Not too sure of other ways to resolve the issue

2 Likes

@swisscrypto & @chaneltiana, the issues is probably directly from the EOStudio, the EOStudio version of windows is just a direct access to the same webpage, also you could try to run your own local node in order to use it instead the cloud node from EOSstudio, but the process could be a little complicate:

If you really want to continue over the course i can try to help you, but remember that could be complicated and you will need a decent PC for it, thats why i prefer to send you guys through the EOS 201 section of Nodeos & Cleos setup that install the EOSstudio locally, because you dont neet to have a powerfull PC and at the end you will have to learn how to deploy your own node.

Documentation to install EOSstudio locally:

You can follow those guides to deploy your own EOSstudio locally, or you could watch the EOS Programming 201 / Categories / Setup / System Requirements to install your own Nodeos & Cleos in a VM to later used has a solution for the issue with EOSstudio. Then you will be able to continue over the EOS 101 & 201 with the advantage that you finish one of the categories and later used for the next categories. Is up to you guys.

Still i will be here to help you with everything i can. :muscle:
Remember you can find some useful tutorials that i made for myself when i was learning EOS. EOS Tips/Tweaks/Tutorials..

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

@swisscrypto
Yes…you too?

1 Like

Yes, Swiss German in origin, but Swiss French in my language from birth. :smiley:

JaveScript
Bitcoin 101
Eth 101
C++

Hi all,
Can anyone help me please? I’m doing EOS Programming 101 - I’m on the Platform Walkthrough video…having issues doing what the chap is asking. I’m using windows so can not do the local option when selecting the network. I selected Block.One as I do not have the local option…but then I was unable to create an account as per the instructions in the video. I get a box asking me to go to Block.One Testnet and create an account. I have done that but I’m complete lost as it is not what Philip is asking me to do? Can anyone make sense of my problem? Thanks everyone.

Hello sir, could you please tell us which browser are you using? some screenshots about the error would be helpful too.

But this issue is more related directly to EOS Studio, sometimes it works well, sometimes not.

Here some past post about the same issue:
EOS Studio - What i have done in the past?
EOS Studio - Optional (complex) solution.

Hope you find this useful! :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

Hi Carlos,

I’ve tried, Brave, Opera and Chrome browsers.

The issue seems to be that Eos studio does not have a local option if using windows…then when doing EOS Programming 101 - Platform Walk-through Episode I’m unable to do as instructed because I do not have a local network option.

Should there not be a Walk through episode for windows users?

Because of the above I’m unable ti create an account as per the video.

Thanks

Aaron

Looks like this is an issue for windows users reading your post and looking on google at others having a similar issue…

Hello sir, to run the Local Node on the EOS Studio, you have to download the windows application, install it and follow the simple instructions in order to configure it properly.

Carlos Z.

Thanks my friend…I tried downloading the windows eos studio last week but for some bizarre reason it would not install on my PC. Then I read about this issue being common…anyway it seems to be working this week. Installing now. Fingers crossed it works!!
Thanks for your help again dude.

1 Like

the task bar at top above helloworld i cannot access

with different browsers tried 3 of them tried resizing moving to side

nothing worked and since i need that bar to complete the lessons

wondered if you could advise me on how to get to it

thanks

Hello sir, did you mean this option from the “current project” bar?

For me is working without issue on 3 of my browsers, are you sure you do not have zoomed the website, or maybe you are lacking of a java plugin on you pc?

You could try to update the browsers and drivers, also you can try to test it on another computer.

Carlos Z.

wget https://github.com/EOSIO/eos/releases/download/v1.8.1/eosio_1.8.1-1-ubuntu-18.04_amd64.deb

sudo apt install ./eosio_1.8.1-1-ubuntu-18.04_amd64.deb

The link is unavailable, i cannot download it on Ubuntu 18.04

1 Like

Hi
thanks for getting back to ,me
the problem is i cannot access
the task bar above the project bar with the save task , view application etc…
it is hidden under the search engines search bar and i cannot get the search bar to move
thanks for any help

1 Like

Hello sir, yes the link will be updated ASAP, thanks for notice it.

You can download the last version or other here: EOSIO Release Notes

to use them on linux terminal just copy the link and use it with wget:

then:

wget https://github.com/EOSIO/eos/releases/download/v2.0.6/eosio_2.0.6-1-ubuntu-18.04_amd64.deb

Hope you find this useful.
If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like