Basic EOS Programming - Discussion

Awesome, with google chrome you should not have any kind of issue (i hope), if you are experience any issue, i suggest to try with other browser (i use firefox for EOS studio since it does not show any problem, at least for me).

If you still an issue, just let us know. :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hi all :slight_smile: @filip @thecil

I’ve got the same issue as @franky and @chaneltiana.

I encountered the error both with Chrome and with Firefox. (I tried to use Edge as well, but I could not login successfully with my GitHub account.) I guess the problem is not related to the browser, but it seems to be a temporary issue with EOS studio, what do you think?

When I create the helloworld project, on my left pane, besides “Helloworld”, “include”, helloworld.hpp, “src” and helloworld.cpp, there is also an .eosproj file. Furthermore, the helloworld.abi and helloworld.wasm files are already created, plus a readme file.

There is also default code already in the helloworld file, quite long.

Please see screenshot below:

When I build using the hammer icon hammer (Build (EOSIO.CDT v.1.6.2), I get the following error message:

eosio-cpp -abigen -I include -R resource -contract helloworld -o helloworld.wasm src/helloworld.cpp
<h2>Internal Server Error, real status: 500</h2>

When I click on helloworld.wasm, it reads:

Error: readWasm failed:
0000000: error: unable to read uint32_t: magic

Do you have any idea what this error could be?

By the way, I am using the EOS Studio Web on Windows 10.

Thank you for your help or suggestions!

I forgot to mention I used the code as instructed by Filip in my helloworld.cpp file before to build, as below:

I have completed Blockchain & Bitcoin 101, Javascript Programming for Blockchain Developers and C++ Programming for Blockchain Developers, in that order. I am in the middle of the Lightning Network course as well. And outside of Ivan’s Academy, I am enrolled in a C++ course on Udacity…

@thecil Thanks for the advice about Linux. I have an old PC that I don’t use anymore, I wonder if it would be worth installing Linux on it…

2 Likes

Absolutely sir! if you are not using it, well would be awesome if you start to learn linux with that old PC, its not really so hard once you know how to use command line interface (CLI).
Linux is about freedom, most of the new tools in the blockchain space are built on linux, so you will find a lot of documentation to install most of the tools with easy steps.
Nodeos for example is not hard at all on linux, while in windows you could find a lot of errors in the path.

If you want to take the path on linux, i advice you to learn about the OS commands, what can you do with the “root” user, how to do simple operations like copy or move a file to another folder with command lines, how to manage permissions level on some files.

If you learn linux before jumping into other courses in the academy, you will find yourself in a more easy journey than windows or mac. You could start with Ubuntu or Debian for example, and then start the adventure! :muscle:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

About this error sir, i’m pretty sure its a direct problem with EOStudio, a lot of students are facing the same issue (scroll up this post so you see some advises that i gave about the same issue).

Why i’m now more sure than before? simply because you all guys are facing the same issue, so it’s not only me nor you.

What i have done in the past?

• Use vpn on different locations to skip that problem, FAIL.
  • Different OS (windows/linux), FAIL.
  • Different browsers, Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Opera, Edge, Internet Explorer…FAIL.
  • Different PC on a different location, FAIL.

Also you are not the only one with this issue if you see other students posts here.

So i advice: continue the course if you want to (or you feel up to the challenge), try to understand really deep how to install Cleos & Nodeos (filip explain it with more detail in EOS 201). Because right now it looks like is a problem with EOStudio.

Carlos Z.

3 Likes

Thanks @thecil, this is really cool! I am installing Linux now on my old laptop with Ubuntu. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree with you, I think there is currently an issue with EOS Studio. I will reach out to them now and ask them for technical assistance.

Meanwhile, I will continue the course, which is very interesting.

All the best!

3 Likes

Quick update on the apparent bug with building a helloworld contract on EOS Studio Web:

Today I don’t get the “Internal Server Error, real status: 500” error message, but when I attempt to build the contract, it is running in a loop and not getting anywhere… I had to delete the project to stop the loop.

Yesterday, I reported the bug (the Internal Server Error one) on EOS Studio’s Telegram and on EOS Studio Community (https://community.eosstudio.io/), let’s see if it helps…

In the meantime, I am moving on from EOS 101 to EOS 201 as suggested.

See you guys :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Awesome sir! please let us know what the EOS Studio’s Telegram Community reply to you about that issue.

Really appreciate your help. :smiley:

PD: if you want, just watch how to install the Nodeos & Cleos categories on the EOS 201, after you figure how they work, you can go back to EOS 101 but instead of using the EOStudio, use your local Nodeos & Cleos instead. Here you can find some useful tutorials that i made for myself when i was learning EOS. EOS Tips/Tweaks/Tutorials.

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Good news, the EOS Studio admin on Telegram announced they fixed the build issue. @filip @ivga80 @thecil

I managed now to build the helloworld contract (and the hellotable contract in a subsequent episode (in Tables Programming)).

@chaneltiana @franky You may want to have a look and build again, it might work for you as well.

I just have an issue with deploying the helloworld contract. I get the following error message: Unknown action hi in contract xyz (xyz stands for my contract name). However, I was able to deploy the next contract in the course, hellotable. I will keep looking for the solution :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, does anybody know what “ricardian” means (“ricardian clause file”, “ricardian contract”)?

1 Like

YES, excellent sir! :partying_face: I try it myself and EOStudio is completely working again! Thank you for your effort, really appreciated!

Ricardian clause file is a programming agreement that is used on the EOS constitution to en-law all developers to play by defined rules in order to not harm the network.

You can read them here: EOS User Agreement.

Also here you can read more about them to have a better understanding: What are Ricardian Contracts? A Complete Guide.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hey swisscrypto!

Beschte dank, jetzt funktionierts! :slight_smile:

Ciaao

1 Like

Hey franky!

Yes, building is working now!

Are you Swiss German??

See you!

Blockchain &Bitcoin 101, Ethereum 101, C++, Javascript, Trading& Technical Analysis, Business Masterclass

But I have another problem. I am running an online version on Windows (Cloud) and I am not able to create an new account. I only use small letters but no name works. The create button is hidden and gets not visible to click. Doesn´t work with Firefox and Brave Browser and Chrome. When I click on the local I am also getting no information about blocks (There is the message blocks info not available). What is the problem here? AntiVirus?

Hello sir, could you please be a little more detailed? maybe some screenshots will help us to understand better the issue that you are facing.

Did you mean on EOStudio? are you logged in with your github account?

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Yes, on EOStudio. Below you find a screenshot. I am logged in with a github account. I created a new one!

@KryptoDr
Ok let me see if i understand it well, you cannot create account when you try to run EOStudio locally right (this probably would not work if you do not have a Local Node running on the machine).

You may want to try to change it to “Network: Cloud”, remember that EOStudio use the testnet, they are running their own testnet node to made it work properly for the users.

If you choose there the “custom” option, you have to configure your self a local NODEOS node along with other configurations inside the EOStudio configs, so i advice to just use Cloud network instead.

PD: Could you describe how are you using a online version on windows (cloud), did you mean your own VPS?

Carlos Z.

Sorry for my bad description. I am using https://app.eosstudio.io/ and I am logged in via my github account which I created for this course. I am connected to the Network Cloud you described in your post. My notebook is running on Windows 10. I am not using it locally. Thanks for your time and answer.
Below a screenshot that I am using the Cloud network

Ok, I try it myself and im getting the same error, the “create” button does not activate.

• I know an account should be MAX 12 letters, still not working.
  • different name than bob, like bobkryptodr12, not working either.

I will contact the EOStudio telegram community to see if there is a problem related to this.

In the meantime, I advice: continue the course if you want to (or you feel up to the challenge), try to understand really deep how to install Cleos & Nodeos (filip explain it with more detail in EOS 201). Because right now it looks like is a problem with EOStudio.

PD: if you want, just watch how to install the Nodeos & Cleos categories on the EOS 201, after you figure how they work, you can go back to EOS 101 but instead of using the EOStudio, use your local Nodeos & Cleos instead. Here you can find some useful tutorials that i made for myself when i was learning EOS. EOS Tips/Tweaks/Tutorials..

I will let you know any reply that EOStudio community gave to me.

Carlos Z.