BAT transaction not confirmed

Hi,
In July I tried to be cheap by paying the least amount of gas as possible to send BAT from my ledger nano to my metamask address. The transaction is still to be confirmed… Is there any way that I can cancel it and recover the BAT that is stuck in the Ethereum mempool?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Diogo

2 Likes

Not sure about Ledger, but here is a related article from Coinomi that may help:

Have you tried opening a ticket with Ledger support? If you find the answer, please post it here for our learning. Good luck!

2 Likes

You could try to import your ledger into metamask, then you could try to “speed up” the transaction (basically, increasing the gas fee of the tx). Also you can try to cancel it, but you will have to pay gas fees for it, you choose.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

@diogozas I found some Ledger-specific techniques. They cite MyEtherWallet, which you could use to import your account and do one of the following:

Accelerate the Transaction

• For Ethereum-like crypto assets, you can use MyEtherWallet to accelerate your transaction. MyEtherWallet allows you to replace your pending transaction with a new transaction. This new transaction needs to have the same transaction ID as the pending transaction and a higher gas price. For a fast confirmation, it is recommended to set the gas price equal to or greater than the fast price recommended by ETH gas station. For more information on how to accelerate a transaction on MyEtherWallet, please refer to the MyEtherWallet documentation.

Cancel the Transaction

• You can use MyEtherWallet to send a 0 ETH transaction to your own address. This new transaction needs to have the same transaction ID as the pending transaction and a higher gas price. The new transaction will be processed first and will cancel the pending transaction.
    For more information on how to cancel a transaction on MyEtherWallet, please refer to the MyEtherWallet documentation.
2 Likes

Once I have my ledger connected to metamask, how do I check my BAT pending transactions?

Thanks so much Carlos.

Can anyone help please?