Best offline software wallet for low market cap coins?

I’m wondering how you guys securely store your low market cap coins offline? I have a Trezor 1 which doesn’t support a lot of the smaller altcoins out there. Is there an offline software wallet you use? I’m currently using Metamask with Uniswap.

Another issue I can’t seem to find a solution to is that you are currently unable to set an automatic stop loss or take profit when you use Uniswap. Because these coins are so volatile it adds to the risk when you factor in the time it could take to buy or sell once the price reaches the levels you’ve set for yourself.

Do you have a favourite tracker app you use so you are notified of any significant price changes immediately?

What software or website do you use for technical analysis of these coins? I don’t think data for every coin is available on Trading View.

Cheers

2 Likes

Reggie, most protocols will have their own wallets, or a wallet that uses a similar platform to access, but security is the main concern. I have often left smaller coins that have lackluster wallet options on exchange (which is a no-no in my opinion) for lack of suitable secure options. I am a fan of ERC20 tokens because they exist alongside Eth on the same address, which makes it very easy and secure.

Other than that, you’ll have to look around for what people use for specific coins. As far as an offline wallet option goes, you could always create the seeds, load the wallet via metamask, and then remove the accounts after storing the seed words in a safe location. There are certainly other options of course if you dig around enough.

I don’t think Uniswap has a stop loss/ take profit feature. I do know that Kyber network had one working, not sure if it is still up or not, for your mentioned purposes. Your assessment of the risk associated with moving tokens to an exchange before dumping is spot on.

There are ways to use API’s to alert yourself of changing prices and so on, a few tokens have tried building this solution with something that will trigger emails or messages when certain events happen. With some coding know-how, all of your desires are possible, but the question of “who shall build them” becomes the biggest roadblock.

Hope this helps, feel free to reach out.Cheers

1 Like