Blockchain and Intellectual Property

Anyone knows about how blockchain will impact intellectual property?
Know any companies already offering blockchain services on IP instead of having to file through paying tones to lawyers and waiting for ages?

1 Like

It will revolutionise IP, already is doing, no doubt.
For examples, IP is such a wide topic, and many areas have not yet developed, or in some cases there are so many developments it’s a case of wait and see.
There are provenance tracking services [is my artwork original, is this this ingredient kosher etc etc] as well as tokenised ownership, and of course things like Decentraland, Crypto Kitties etc, Opensea & so on. Then there’s Unstoppable Domains and I have a few IPFS domains I’m using. ipfs://simpatico.crypto/ for example. I own that in perpetuity. Now that’s an IP revolution right there!

Kieran

March 28

It will revolutionise IP, already is doing, no doubt.

For examples, IP is such a wide topic, and many areas have not yet developed, or in some cases there are so many developments it’s a case of wait and see.

There are provenance tracking services [is my artwork original, is this this ingredient kosher etc etc] as well as tokenised ownership, and of course things like Decentraland, Crypto Kitties etc, Opensea & so on. Then there’s Unstoppable Domains and I have a few IPFS domains I’m using. ipfs://simpatico.crypto/ for example. I own that in perpetuity. Now that’s an IP revolution right there!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

March 30th.

A search of ‘blockchain patent’ throws up many of these ‘wait and see’ items.
In amongst the various patents ongoing for the actual tech, there are also many focused on the implications for the actual managing of patents, in that sense of IP.

http://iprhelpdesk.eu/ip-highlights/ip-special-blockchain/blockchain-in-a-nutshell