Blockchain in medicine & dentistry

Hi guys!

My name is John. I have been fascinated with bitcoin and blockchain for a few years now. Now I am intrigued by them more than ever. As is with any emerging concept, it is amazing to see so many smart people out there in this forum. I am very humbled and excited to be in this forum!

One subject I could not find very much of in the forum is an adaptation of blockchain and cryptocurrency to medicine and dentistry. I am dually credentialled in medicine and dentistry because of my specialty requirement. I believe that blockchain and cryptocurrency can change the landscape of the field for the better. Significantly better.

I would love to engage in conversation and talk about different ways how this amazing technology can improve the quality of care we can deliver to patients.

Hope to hear from physicians, dentists, and other people who have interests in this field!

3 Likes

Vechain has partnered with Healthcare Co. Ltd. I think if they are going into this industry the jump to medicine would not be too far away. I am also very excited to learn more about Blockchain in medicine.

1 Like

As a psychotherapy/psychoanalyst, I’m curious as well about healthcare as a topic.

Yes! I wrote a paper on blockchain in medicine in a course. I proposed hypothetical situation where patients essentially has access to all their personal medical record in the blockchain network. And give permission to any doctor they see so provider has access to previous records instantly. Distributed medical records in blockchain would help with access to data and reduce the redundancy and confusion. Idea is sooo intriguing. Also, nodes of providers can validate the treatment plans and progress notes into the blockchain would reduce litigations since it essentially giving peer review instantly.

I can sense your enthusiasm for blockchain and cryptocurrency, and it’s exciting to hear your interest in exploring how this technology can be implemented in medicine and dentistry. I agree with you that blockchain has the potential to revolutionize the healthcare industry, and I’m sure many people in this forum share the same sentiment. I would like to hear more about how blockchain and cryptocurrency can be implemented in the realm of invisible braces. The jeffreygrossdds.com braces are quite promoted and you might be interested in them. I think the topic of blockchain is something to ponder with them. This system is starting to gain popularity. Perhaps other sites already have ideas on the subject.

Adapting blockchain and cryptocurrency to medicine and dentistry sounds fascinating! It could enhance patient data security, streamline transactions, and improve overall care quality. I’m sure many professionals here would be interested in discussing this topic with you. By the way, if you’re interested in cosmetic dentistry, you should check out https://thehealthysmile.net/dental-services/cosmetic-dentistry-bay-village-ohio/. They offer a range of dental services, and you can find more information on their website.