Change User Name

Please can someone let me know how to change my user name. I typed it incorrectly. I can see under profile we can change our name but not the user name. I was never able to figure it out.

As far as I’m aware you can’t change the user name, only the actual name can be changed (which appears underneath your user name). The only option seems to be to delete your account and create a new one (provided you don’t have a long posting history / badges / etc. that you’d like to keep). You can ask an administrator but I doubt they can as well since it is your profile link.

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Hi, can you help to delete an account and delete all my data regarding GDPR?

I don’t know if @ivan disabled the option but I can find it in this Discourse server.

Thank You

Same question I have too. My name before was different and than i see now it has been actually changed not sure how and by who, when i updated my membership to my actual name. Is there any way to change this, I tried and didnt find the way. But when i log in to watch news my name there is still the same as before. :smiley: so interesting.

1 Like

Hey @Viola, hope you are great.

Now which name would you like to change?
If is your forum name or nickname I can help you.
You can change your nickname and full name on your “preference” settings:
Then you have a button next to your username to edit it. Also the to input a new Name

Dont forget to click the big blue button at the end to Save Changes. :nerd_face:

Academy Name can be change on the settings:

If you still having issues, please write to out amazing support team at : [email protected]

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hi @thecil Thank you so much for your help.
I managed to change the full name nut still user name has no option available like it is shown on your example photo.
I wonder how to send you photo like this. I am going to try more to do it lets see if I make it since now I know where to be looking into it. just it doesn’t have this little pen as an option.
thank you how ever and Happy New Year man. Let me finish my academy this year mama Mia two years, I am fully in crypto but I want to finish it till the end and be the most wonderful Academy Ivan on Tech Graduate this year ! All the blessings …I see how I go with this username change …

1 Like

OK dear @thecil definitely there is not coming this little pen to change the username only my full name. Please be kind and advise me on it :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Viola, glad to know you are great and enjoying our lovely Academy.

You mean the username in the forum? I might need to know which username you want to change, could try to change it from my side.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like