Checking liquidity on uniswap pairs?

Hello guys, not related to the course, but hope you can help:

I used Uniswap for the first time.

I successfully swapped ETH for REN, but did not understand how to first check there was enough REN available in the liquidity pool.

For future reference, how do I check how much of an asset is available?

Ps I’m not enrolled in this module.

1 Like

I am not sure how to check it with Uniswap directly but you can easily check here: https://1inch.exchange/#/ETH/REN

The website uses multiple DEXes but you can choose only Uniswap if you really wish. If you try to exchange 100ETH for REN you will see that you will encounter a huge slippage meaning there is not enough liquidity for that trading pair. Moreover you can always set maximum amount of slippage you would want to except. If it goes beyond I think your transaction will fail and all you would lose is some ETH fees.

Maybe someone else know a better way to check the actual numbers but 1inchexchnage is a pretty neat website. You have to give it a try. Hope that helps. :smiley:

Cool Mauro, that’s a really awesome resource! Thank you!

1 Like

No problem. The site is super useful when you want to convert some tokens. I just love it.

1 Like

Anybody can explain if there is any advantage of being the 1st one to open a liquidity pool?
Besides selection the 1st market ‘price’, it is expensive, and one will end of paying a big gas eth price to run all that uniswap smartcontract stuff to build the new market pair liquidity-pool :expressionless: