Combining different types of Databases

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

1 Like

A combination of different types of Data Bases can be used in combination in the same application or project.

e.g. SQL for your USERS who log into your website.

These users might deploy sensors on an environmental project - the sensors gather Gigabytes of data which is streamed into a NoSQL Database,

And then there could be a GRAPH database that can be used to view the more complex information about your users, the sensors they deploy and the information collected by the sensors.

Then, when the information collected from all three gets HUGE (!) you might need to add a search engine to access the information that is in the SQL, NoSQL and GRAPH databases, and also you might need to access your BLOCKCHAIN.
So be flexible and recognize that all types of databases can be used together.

2 Likes

This is much easier to do with Vertical Slice Arch. You might want to check it out if you’re not already familiar with it. https://jimmybogard.com/vertical-slice-architecture/

1 Like

2 Likes

An issue with the QUIZ: I think the correct answer is wrong? based on the lecture videos :v:

Unless the third choice represents - Graph DBs?
first choice - SQL?
second choice - NoSQL?

Thank you for the clarification :smile:

2 Likes

Hey @CryptoXyz, hope you are ok.

The answer is based on whenever your data have any kind of structure, is impossible to know if a new database have an strict structure, so at the start you only know that it have a semi-structure (which include relationships). Unless the database is already created and defined its own strict structure, the correct answer is still ‘semi-structured’.

Carlos Z

2 Likes

Got it, man! thanks for your help! I thought the database structure was already formed :sweat_smile:

Thanks again! Hope you’re doing well also

1 Like

what I find interesting about this lesson that you can they can co exist all kind of databases and we can add blockchain to it for a certain part.
Do i understand it correctly that by example an existing platform of gaming for kids where there are a lot of games on, without blockchain, you can now add to the same platform the blockchain technology and ad a daw structure his own token community token to it so the community of this platform can get eve more insensitive to keep playing this game.

VERY INTRESTING, THANKS

1 Like

Quiz says that this is wrong answer? I would like an explanation for this. Wasnt SQL good at handling strict relationships where something is true or not? Excuse me xD

1 Like