Continuous Integration (CI)

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

4 Likes

A story. Back in the 70s early 80s one did coding on punch cards and you were allowed only one test run per day. That meant when you finished coding you asked a senior developer to review your code (human test run) and once he/she gave the green light you went to run the real test.

Also, if you had for example one of the cards in the wrong order the code could not be tested but you lost the run and had to wait one day to run the test.

5 Likes

Jenkins will be my best friend! :wink:

1 Like

Hi @ivan is there any other recommendable software apart from Jenkins that is good for schedulling Integration Testing?

Here are some websites that point in another alternatives:

Hope you find this useful. :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Can the code 100% reverted in the continuous integration check?
@thecil

To be honest, I do not understand quite well the question, why would you revert 100% of the code? when you have all the unit testings, integration testings, testing repositories?

Maybe you could detail a little bit more the question so i can understand it better.

Carlos Z.

Hi Carlos, it is more in general how is code cleaned up if it is not approved (on the etherium network).

1 Like

Ooook, now, there is now way to update an Smart Contract code once is deployed in the main network (ethereum in this case), you could have a function to destroy the contract, but impossible to “update” or “cleaned”, that’s the main reason to use Unit Testings, so you can play around with your code and do all the proper tests that you need to, but you must be sure that your code is completely free of bug and back doors before deploy it in the main network (test networks are the best way to get the closest real scenario possible before jumping into the main network).

So just to be clear, there is no way to clean a code or approve a code in the main network, for that reason you use test networks and Unit testings.

Hope this gives you a clear picture of the subject.
If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hey Ivan,
This section is about Continuous Integration or QI
Quality assurance - QA - is inherent in Continuous Integration.
The QA is done immediately after the developer commits code - and this will reveal immediately whether the new code is running properly and integrating with the whole system, or if there is a bug that needs fixing.
Continuous Integration means that when you have numerous different developers working on a project the new units of code are pushed to the build server and tested automatically.
This means that testing is ongoing and happening as the project rolls along the time vector, meaning that you don’t end up with Integration Hell after months of work.
Instead, you will have a build server which runs QA - quality assurance - UT - Unit Tests, and IT - Integration Tests.
Jenkins is a tool that can do your Integration Testing for you, and you can define the different things you want Jenkins to do.

1 Like

Hello Carlos,
I am still keeping on keeping on.
I have a long-term project in mind, and that’s what keeps me going with this.
Do you have a project you want to build?
What were your reasons for Joining Ivan on Tech?
Do you have different ideas about what you want to do now?
I would be interested to hear if you are planning to work on a project at some point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man how things have changed!

1 Like

I work at my personal projects on my free times, cant mention about them, but is crypto related, some tools for myself to use on the crypto space.

Mainly learn, keep learning something new about crypto and blockchain, Ivan On Tech Academy is by far the best place to learn about. (my opinion)

This industry change every year, I just try to keep up the learning speed of new projects and tool that could help me on my personal stuffs.

I’m working in the Academy, helping develop internal projects, in a future you all guys will be aware of what are we working on right now, but for now I can not go into too much details :slight_smile:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Step one was to number all cards, before punching the holes. After dropping a pile of cards once, you NEVER punch prior to writing numbers on the cards.

Thanks for the useful content. But my question is that what is the most easiest way to make a website best responsive. I started research on it and got little bit of information from EduHelpHub, however required more knowledge, and that’s why searching here.

I also searching for the similar answer regrading making a website highly fluid. Along with that I also want to know the method of testing whether it is fluid or not, that I want to apply on building my site that will have the beneficial role to help to write a paper including thesis, report and also essay as well.