Course Feedback

I have been on the HTML assignment for several weeks. I finally got through it today. It’s kind of amazing how thappy I feel!! Thank you, Ivan and everyone here xox

2 Likes

Iota programming would be nice. Especially with ETH programming. Maybe the two could work together.

1 Like

How about creating your blockchain from scratch? Not in your course but many ICOs are starting to do this instead. Just incase ETH fails and all. Atomic swaps is also a big deal. What do I do if I want my DApp to use BTC or IOTA? Plz teach us. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

More front end development would be nice. Also native apps, since not everything should/can be done on the web.

1 Like

Click on the red you tube arrow and the screen goes fuzzy. “This video contains content from MIT. It is not available in your country.”
I’m sure I can move on with out it …all good, don’t be distracted. good stuff.

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

I am in the C++ section and the “codeblock” is not working properly in my mac. Is the below suggested approach safe for the mac?

1 Like

Your literally installing an Apple verified program, made by Apple from the App Store… Natively you’ll have C++ on your machine, but the compiler (gcc/g++) needs to be installed with Xcode (Apples developer software). You’ll probably get quicker answers to your problems through Google, just use basic decision logic to see what everyone keeps saying about your problem.

Some great resources are;

1 Like

I also got the same thing for some reason. I live in Southern California. All I did to get around it was turn on my VPN and connected to a European Server.

1 Like

Hey Ivan,

the introduction into the course was very well.
Now, I’m starting with HTML.

After the HTML section I will leave a comment as promised.

Cheers

Great stuff so far, very exciting!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Ivan,

the HTML section was quite easily.
The most best at this section was the video from Harvard - haha!
(I found a typo and posted it into https://forum.toshitimes.com/t/course-typos-and-mistakes/3383/6)

I will do the additional reading, thanks.

Cheers

I have a problem with installing Code Blocks. I watched the video on how to install Code Blocks in Mac, but I am not able to install it. It will appear in my downloads, and when I open it, it won’t open. Need help because I can’t move on the course without installing it. Just to clarify some questions, I am using a mid-2012 15-in Macbook Pro with OSX Lion 10.7.5 and its specs are a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB GPU. I have already installed the latest version of Xcode for my OSX Lion (Version 6.4.1 I think) If anyone can help, Mac appreciated!

1 Like

For anyone who wants to help, it’s fine. I figured out the problem.

1 Like

Looks very interesting! I will keep going and write later my hole feedback.

1 Like

Thanks Ivan! I just started, but i think it will be very interesting and informative !!!

1 Like

I like how there isn’t a tutorial for installing Node on Linux. If you are on Linux you already know the command line :wink:

1 Like

I’m still in the beginning of the course, but I would like to suggest an option to have the information off line. It would be good to still have access to the course material, even if I am out of my base in a location without internet. Thanks and congrats!

1 Like

The course content is very organized and specific. You can tell a good amount of time and effort went into making this course very detailed and spread out. Can’t wait to get started!

1 Like

Suggestion: It would pretty nice in that the end the course. You point some projects that need volunteers on GitHub. So we can apply our experience.

3 Likes

Did anybody else have problems pulling stock data after watching the CS50 course?

function quote() {
  var url = '/quote?symbol=' + $('#symbol').val();
  $.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    alert(data.price);
  });
}
2 Likes