Course typos and mistakes

The title of “Understanding Web Technology - Hardvard Lecture” should be spelled Harvard.

2 Likes

In the disclaimer at the start of the course, “purposes” is missing an “r”. :slight_smile:

“The material, videos and source code in this course are only intended for educational puposes and should NOT be used as production code.”

On top of the “Loops - Reading Assignment” page, the introductory text reads:
“Welcome to this reading assignment on Binding, Functions and Control Flow that will actually cover a lot.”

This is the same text from “Binding, Functions and Control Flow - Reading Assignment”.

I think link is broken on page:

Programming spelt incorrectly on the banner at the bottom of the video.

Hi, found missing word on HTML 2nd last part - Harvard lecture recap:
“This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will FILL in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.”

1 Like

Hi Ivan, The video on: Why Javascript and Web?
Why are we learning Web Technologies when this course is all about blockchain?

Is out of sync… Anyone else have this problem?

In
“Optional: Introduction to Computer Science - MIT Lecture”
you write
“[…] about computer science and cimputation.” -> computation
and
“Although this lecture if optional” -> this lecture is optional

When the course refers to the book ‘Elequent Javascript’ under “/Literature/Books Needed/”, the Amazon link refers to the 1’st edition published in 2011 while the .pdf link points to a copy of the 3’rd edition published in 2018. Amazon suggests buying the 2’nd edition (2014) as the 3’rd edition will not be available in hard copy until Oct. 2018 (sourced, IBooks store).

If the differences between these 3 editions is minor, and the course does not reference specifics in these books, then please disregard this post.

Cheers!

1 Like

Harvard Lecture title sentence is missing the word “fill”…fill in the gaps. (Enjoying the course!)

Understanding Web Technology - Hardvard Lecture

This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.

I guess it should be word “fill” instead of "will"

1 Like

This is a minor point, on Toshi Tmes, not on the course itself - https://forum.toshitimes.com/t/html-basics-dicsussion/3092/13. Sorry if this thread is the wrong place for this.

The word “Discussion” is spelt incorrectly. I don’t think the web address can be fixed (interested to know if it can be) but the <title> and hyperlink could be fixed. I only know this because I’m at the 10% point of your course, so thanks a lot!

In HTML and Web section the title says Hardvard Lecture. Cheers.

It also confused me in the beginning, then I saw your post, but it´s not corrected after 19 hours since you raised the flag.

Discussion thread - HTML and Web:

“Before we get our hands dirty and actually start coding we would like to tell you that if you have any questions at all use the forum” should be “Before we get our hands dirty and actually start coding, we would like to tell you that if you have any questions at all, please use the forum”

Screen Real Estate. Is there some way to shift or close the course column while watching a lecture? It would be less crowded and I can have my Atom programme open at the same time as you demonstrate.

1 Like

That’s a nice idea but isnt really a typo issue though. You could use a second monitor, use a TV as a second monitor, or even use a tablet as a second monitor.

1 Like

Thanx for your suggestion.
Cheers

1 Like

Great course! Typo on https://ivanontech.teachable.com/courses/287053/lectures/5287208 - cimputation -> computation

Im a senior dev but spend the time to go through all your beginner material as a way to get warmed up for the main course. Thanks again you put a ton of work into this. Great material. Love the extra bonus videos.

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like