Creating Game & Admin Account - Discussion

@filip
I tried to install the wallet with the link to the beta-version. But this did not work for me. I got the error message “Could not fetch nonce”. So I also tried your alternative link https://ivanontech-academy.s3.eu-north-1.amazonaws.com/Enjin-course/enjin-wallet-daemon-master.zip. I did the exact same procedure and during the npm install command I see the following Error

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Thank you and best regards
Henning

2 Likes

Hello @henmeh, hope you are great.

Now, apparently enjin updated their wallet daemon, you should try to download the last one from here: https://cdn.enjin.io/downloads/enjin-wallet-daemon/latest

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Hi Carlos,
thank you for your quick answer. I tried the new link. With this version the npm install command works fine. But after creating a new account I got the message “Could not fetch nonce”. Is there anything that I can do to solve this?

Thank you for your support.
Henning

1 Like

Mmmm i’m not too sure about that error msg, I checked that you already created a topic on their forum, let’s see what they could advice you.

But in the mean time, let’s try to complete delete the data from “…/AppData/enjin-wallet…”. Basically i mean to delete the enjin folder that is located in AppData/Local folder…probably you will need to install the wallet again.

Hope you find this useful.
If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Yes I also asked in the enjin-forum. But until now i did not get an answer. I also tried to delete everything related to enjin and reinstall but it did not work. If i get any answer from enjin I will post it also here.

Thank you for your support.

Henning

1 Like

Hi, moderators! Can you help me with linking to Trusted Cloud so I could continue with the course?

I experiencing the same problems with beta and Master wallets when
node src/main.js link *******

I’ve tried every suggestion from this forum.

I completely removed the newer version of node js from Windows 10, following this post from StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20711240/how-to-completely-remove-node-js-from-windows

Following instructions from Enjin
https://enjin.io/docs/daemon-installation

I’ve downloaded and installed “node-v11.0.0-x64.msi” from:
https://nodejs.org/download/release/v11.0.0/

Suppose Python 2 is auto-installed with the node.js
I already have installed Python 3.9

When in cmd

python --version
Python 2.7.18

After node installed
(Windows+R cmd run with ctrl-shift-enter)
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools
OK

GIT - already installed, updated to the newest version.

Then downloaded the zip for the wallet daemon:
https://cdn.enjin.io/downloads/enjin-wallet-daemon/latest

Before npm install I created a new “config.json” following these instructions “Copy the file from example-config.json to config.json”
https://enjin.io/docs/daemon-first-steps

Then npm install
OK

added 414 packages from 239 contributors and audited 414 packages in 94.628s
found 40 vulnerabilities (26 low, 1 moderate, 12 high, 1 critical)

Then npm audit fix --force
fixed 40 of 40 vulnerabilities in 414 scanned packages

If npm install Master version it returns

added 655 packages from 425 contributors and audited 655 packages in 183.013s
found 1039 vulnerabilities (30 low, 5 moderate, 1003 high, 1 critical)

Then npm audit fix --force

fixed 381 of 1039 vulnerabilities in 652 scanned packages
658 vulnerabilities required manual review and could not be updated

Then node src/main.js account new
OK

This is Log output error after node src/main.js link *******
Same problems with beta and Master wallets

<
Logging to C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\enjin-wallet-daemon\enjin-wallet-daemon-2021-01-31T01-28-08.189Z.log
    Reading config file: D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\WaMaster\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\config.json
Password:********
    Enjin Wallet Daemon v0.2
    account - created - (address: 0x50a5D54213320F9a0cbB93aFB61727CD1fB6688b)
    account - nonce 0 - (address: 0x50a5D54213320F9a0cbB93aFB61727CD1fB6688b)
    storage - Saving storage to: C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\enjin-wallet-daemon\storage.json
    wallet - Linking to new app using *******
    wallet - Getting TP ID...
    wallet - TP ID is 5
    wallet - Connecting to trusted platform 5
    storage - Saving storage to: C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\enjin-wallet-daemon\storage.json
  ! Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(node:1484) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'errors' of undefined
    at main.then.catch (D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\WaMaster\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\src\main.js:97:48)
    at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:77:7)
(node:1484) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:1484) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

>

**Before every new attempt, I delete **
%LOCALAPPDATA%\enjin-wallet-daemon - folder

I’ve exported Env variables (user and system) maybe you can spot some error there if there is:

USER

Key Name:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment
Class Name:        <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time:   1/31/2021 - 1:49 AM
Value 0
  Name:            ChocolateyLastPathUpdate
  Type:            REG_SZ
  Data:            132551870052684399

Value 1
  Name:            OneDrive
  Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ
  Data:            C:\Users\msi\OneDrive

Value 2
  Name:            Path
  Data:            C:\Users\msi\.windows-build-tools\python27\;C:\Users\msi\.windows-build-tools\python27\;C:\Users\msi\.windows-build-tools\python27\;C:\Users\msi\.windows-build-tools\python27\;C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\msi\AppData\Roaming\nvm;C:\Program Files\nodejs;C:\Users\msi\AppData\Roaming\npm

Value 3
  Name:            TEMP
  Data:            %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

Value 4
  Name:            TMP
  Data:            %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

Value 5
  Name:            NVM_HOME
  Data:            C:\Users\msi\AppData\Roaming\nvm

Value 6
  Name:            NVM_SYMLINK
  Data:            C:\Program Files\nodejs

Value 7
  Name:            PSModulePath
  Data:            C:\Users\msi\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules

SYSTEM

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
Class Name:        <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time:   1/31/2021 - 1:50 AM
Value 0
  Name:            ChocolateyInstall
  Data:            C:\ProgramData\chocolatey

Value 1
  Name:            ComSpec
  Data:            %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

Value 2
  Name:            DriverData
  Data:            C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData

Value 3
  Name:            NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS
  Data:            12

Value 4
  Name:            OS
  Data:            Windows_NT

Value 5
  Name:            Path
  Data:            C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\ProgramData\Boxstarter;C:\Python39\Scripts\;C:\Python39\;C:\Users\msi\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\Scripts;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\msi\AppData\Roaming\nvm;C:\Program Files\nodejs;C:\Program Files\nodejs\

Value 6
  Name:            PATHEXT
  Data:            .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC;.PY;.PYW

Value 7
  Name:            PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE
  Data:            AMD64

Value 8
  Name:            PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER
  Data:            Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel

Value 9
  Name:            PROCESSOR_LEVEL
  Data:            6

Value 10
  Name:            PROCESSOR_REVISION
  Data:            9e0a

Value 11
  Name:            PSModulePath
  Data:            C:\ProgramData\Boxstarter;C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

Value 12
  Name:            TEMP
  Data:            %SystemRoot%\TEMP

Value 13
  Name:            TMP
  Data:            %SystemRoot%\TEMP

Value 14
  Name:            USERNAME
  Data:            SYSTEM

Value 15
  Name:            windir
  Data:            %SystemRoot%

Value 16
  Name:            NVM_HOME
  Data:            C:\Users\msi\AppData\Roaming\nvm

Value 17
  Name:            NVM_SYMLINK
  Data:            C:\Program Files\nodejs

Am I doing something wrong or there are some issues with the Enjin wallet and how to FIX that?

1 Like

Hi @Dustin_Phillips, hope you are great.

Sorry for taking this long to reply. I’m repeating the same process that you as posted in order to face the same issue than you, but my installation files after npm install --global --production windows-build-tools is taking quite long (i have been waiting more than 2 hours).

Anyway I will wait for it and continue trying to replicate your issue, so this next days (i hope less than 24hours starting after this comment) I will give you some solutions for this problem.

Carlos Z.

Hey @thecil great you’re here! I’m great, thank you, hope you’re great too :slight_smile:

I see a lot of them have the same issue with
https://github.com/felixrieseberg/windows-build-tools/issues/172

try with
npm install --global [email protected]

then

…as suggested, but check first your user PATH env variables for duplicates.

I just received a reply from Enjin support, for my Q -
"When I click on your’s page link
https://cdn.enjin.io/downloads/enjin-wallet-daemon/latest

It downloads 1.1.0-beta, but I need a Master. Where can I get it?"

Their reply:
"The Enjin Wallet Daemon is currently on beta, which would explain why some users are having issues with the “Master” file, to solve this, you would just need to rename the file in the Daemon. The file should renamed “enjin-wallet-daemon-1.10-beta”.

In terms of improvements and fixes for the Daemon, we are in the middle of testing a new daemon, that we hope to have out soon, and you will be able to use a much better and improved Daemon experience overall when automating transaction and requests performed through the Platform."

Then I said:
“Do I rename the unzipped folder “enjin-wallet-daemon-1.10-beta” to just “Daemon”?”

They said:
“Yes, the command line would just need to be replace or renamed to fit what’s been suggested through the documentation, you can also adapt the documentation guide to the name that was set by you.”

Thank you @thecil
Maybe that helps

1 Like

After downloading the daemon zip file, i just change the name of the folder to enjin-wallet-daemon-master.zip, then i run npm install and npm audit fox --force, all good for now:

Then, run the command node src/main.js account new to create a new account.

So for me is working properly (apparently, you get that error message right after running the command to create a new account right?), the only that i did different than you is just to rename my enjin daemon folder to “master”…

let me know if you can try the same and if works, if not, we could try something else.

Carlos Z

Again the same error when
node src/main.js link *******

node src/main.js account new - is OK

D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master>node src/main.js account new

Logging to C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\enjin-wallet-daemon\enjin-wallet-daemon-2021-02-04T04-59-17.665Z.log

Reading config file: D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\config.json

Enjin Wallet Daemon 1.1.0-beta

wallet - Creating new account.

account - created - (address: 0x386c5998382AfCd2650198B09030F71B7a3EFb91)

account - nonce 0 - (address: 0x386c5998382AfCd2650198B09030F71B7a3EFb91)

D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master>

But when node src/main.js link ******* throws an error

D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master>node src/main.js link *******

Logging to C:\Users\msi\AppData\Local\enjin-wallet-daemon\enjin-wallet-daemon-2021-02-04T04-59-37.320Z.log

Reading config file: D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\config.json

Enjin Wallet Daemon 1.1.0-beta

account - created - (address: 0x386c5998382AfCd2650198B09030F71B7a3EFb91)

account - nonce 0 - (address: 0x386c5998382AfCd2650198B09030F71B7a3EFb91)

wallet - Linking to new app using *******

wallet - Getting TP ID...

wallet - TP ID is 5

wallet - Connecting to Platform: 5

tp - URL: https://kovan.cloud.enjin.io - (id: 5)

! Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TypeError: this.account.sign is not a function

at Account.signDummyTransaction (D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\src\account.js:35:29)

at TrustedPlatform.getAccessToken (D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\src\trustedplatform.js:213:50)

at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:77:7)

D:\Unity\Ivan on Tech\EnjinWallet\enjin-wallet-daemon-master\enjin-wallet-daemon-master>

Maybe I need to switch to Mac

1 Like

Yeah, I’m facing the same issue, it could be a problem from their daemon, thats why it said TypeError: this.account.sign... I have followed step by step their guide and also create a topic on their forum. Lets wait until they can help us to know how to solve it.

Here you can follow the progress of the thread i created: enjin forum typeError

Carlos Z

1 Like

I will. Thank you for taking care of

1 Like

Hey @Dustin_Phillips, hope you are great.

Someone reply me on the forum of enjin, suggest me to write to support a ticket for the issue, so i did it some minutes ago (basically the same subject and details of the proble).

Lets wait to see what the say about this problem.

Carlos Z

For some reason the link to the enjin faucet takes me to a contact support page. Anyone know a workaround on getting Kenj into the wallet?

1 Like

Hey @Lourie, hope you are ok.

Apparently the fauce is down for a while, it happens time to time, until the fauce get refilled by the enjin admins, you could try ask on their discord to check when it will be available again.

Carlos Z

Hey Carlos, thanks for getting back thats to bad. Out of curiosity, I’m not gonna to do this, but technically you could transfer actual Enj from say coin base to your Daemon wallet? Or no because its on the Kovan network. How would that work? Just wondering

It is completely possible, but is also possible to sent kovan enjin to your daemon wallet too, as long as you config your wallet to connect to the kovan network.

https://enjin.io/docs/daemon-first-steps

Carlos Z

I’ve got a problem when Run Wallet Daemon
node src/main.js link <LINK_CODE>

error message as below:
螢幕截圖 2021-11-28 18.11.20

Hello thecil

I’ve run into exactly the same Problem as Dustin and I’ve tried everything he mentioned.
Renaming the Beta daemon into master also didn’t solve it for me. What did the Enjin Support reply to you?

BR
Edi

@thecil
Now everytime I post a question i find the solution right after. :smiley:
I still have vulnerabilities when installing npm but now it works.
The Errors shown before mention mkdir which Windows does not know, looks like Linux.
Also Dustin_Phillips and I had directories which had spaces in their names which wouldn’t be ok in Linux.
Now i’ve tested the whole process on the desktop without spaces in the directory and it worked, but as mentioned it returned some Vulnerabilities.

Now with the next step I have the same Problem as @keithkuh6
Was there a Solution found?

1 Like