Databases and CRUD

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

1 Like

All my comments are from a newbie user who is learning from scratch, and could provide you insights of how executives need to learn in order to update our knowledge.

Perhaps you could combine VISIO type graphics in order to reinforce your explanations made by hand. As an example, DB, I know there is a special drawing to indicate them.

What is CRUD:

C reate (or insert): Add new data.
R ead (or select): Get data.
U pdate: Change data.
D elete: Remove data.

2 Likes

Good explanation about SQL, NoSQL and Graph!

1 Like

Create, Read, Update, Delete - Superusers, users, functionalities and permissions.

1 Like

ok. I appologize for my behavior upfront, but I feel compeled to add bit of my experience with CRUD. For me it’s Acually CRUMSCAD.
Create
Read
Update
Merge
Status Change Audit
Delete

This is what a decent API should be capable off. It should be capable of making a copy of a changed record by means of having a an Audit that is triggered on condition.
I’ve worked in industries that are closely watched be a government agency known as IRS and they’re required to have up to 7 years of audited data that includes deleted (or destroyed, depracated, end of life) data for reasons of taxation, It was actually the very reason why I got into that business because I knew that nobody wanted to do this. Most management just wants to talk about easy stuff that they understand in an Agile status meeting. They listen to people that are usually full of s,. until that one day when IRS hits them with an audit and then they’re looking for people like me. So, if I am to do this work, resaerch and study, why not do it for my self. AAAAAND if I may say so, Bitcoin 20K is near. I bought mine at $8900 rate and paid for this course in bitcoin. It was perhaps short sited on my side but I am still proud of myself for doing it. I put my bitcoins with what I think is the future.

Daniel :))) yeah baby yeah

2 Likes

Create
Read
Update
Delete

1 Like

4 Likes

C reate (or insert): Add new data.
R ead (or select): Get data.
U pdate: Change data.
D elete: Remove data.