Decentralized Data Storage for IoT using Sia

Hi,

for my Master research I want to make a proof-of-concept of decentralized data storage for an IoT scenario.
My idea is to receive measurement values from a raspberry pi and to store them using sia.
I think this minio gateway can allow me to realize this:
https://github.com/minio/minio/blob/master/docs/gateway/sia.md

I’m only aware of bluzelle that is aiming to build such a decentralized database, but i think it’s not available yet.
Also I’m thinking to later use an Ethereum smart contract to enable people to buy the anonymized data or to trigger certain actions depending on the measurement values.
Can someone give me some feedback to what I’m trying to achieve? Is it possible? Is it useful or are there better approaches or projects that I should use?

Just to clarify: The common way to store IoT data is currently to store it in the cloud for example by using AWS.
This has the drawback that I trust a single entity with my data. Decentralized storage such as Sia stores pieces of my data on different hosts redundantly, so that a single host is not able to make any sense of the data junks that he stores. Also if a host disappear my data is still available because it’s stored redundantly.

Your research idea sounds exciting! Using the Minio gateway for Sia is a good approach to achieving your goal. While Bluzelle aims to create a decentralized database, it may be available later, so Sia may be a viable alternative. Consider using Ethereum smart contracts to monetize data and trigger actions. Decentralized data storage offers benefits such as redundancy and privacy. Likewise, you can explore a new data extraction method using Nannostomus to make data extraction as easy as possible. Overall, your approach seems promising and good luck to you.