Decentralized Technology - Discussion

How many computers currently hold copies of the blockchain

1 Like

Hi @Fluffpinkkitten, hope you are well.

I assume you mean the amount of nodes for the bitcoin network for example.

Here you can have a view on it: https://bitnodes.io/

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

This was before things like Unibright and HyperLedger we’re perfected… But yes they should update this crypto moves fast.

1 Like

Hey Filip! is Hedera Hashgraph considered a private blockchain, or isnt it a blockchain?

1 Like

Hi Filip,
Really enjoying the course so far, still a newbee here so pardon the obvious questions… :slight_smile:
I have so many thoughts, including the following:
-I always wondered how the current law ie (contract law) will be interpreted on smart contract?.
For instance what would be a agreed penalty for a breech of contract? and who would govern such rules.
-I would imagine right now (initiation stage) of smart contracts there will still be disputes arising from misinterpretation of certain clauses within the contract, in this scenario who would govern the dispute procedure??? (I highly doubt the courts are ready to implement such procedures?)
Would appreciate you shedding some light on the matter.
Regards.

1 Like

Hey @Imran, hope you are great.

Now in my opinion is that smart contracts are limitless, so any current law could be interpreted on an smart contracts aslong is logic fulfill the desire result, also if you add the governance contracts, you get a lot of utilities to create an entire set of actual laws into smart contracts.

Carlos Z

Hey @Ana.Barreto, hope you are well.

Although some can consider the opposite (its more a matter of opinions). Its better to take into consideration all the reviews possible to get your own idea of a project :slight_smile:

Here you can read a little bit more about that: https://blog.liquid.com/what-is-hedera-hashgraph-the-blockchain-rival

Carlos Z

1 Like

Hi Filip, all,

I run IT for a corp and I have this idea of using hyper-ledger for all our finance operations. I believe the benefit could be automation and transparency.
My question is if this idea is even possible today based on existing platforms/resources in the market and cost of setup and maintenance.
I know it´s a huge question, but what I am really after is if you guys know of any business case that could support my idea.
Thanks and great work!
Emanuele

Hi Carlos,
Hope all goes well.

You seem to know a fair bit, which is heaps cool, thanks for sharing your insights.

Do you also happen to know, how one can go about lending their digital assets to family and friends on smart contracts? That would be pretty cool as well :sunglasses:

Have a good one.
Cheers!

Hello @filip !

I wanted to clear up how the “no mining” works for storing the data. Does the master user or owner have a data center with partners that provide “space”? Or is it more like normal centralized databases just that in this case they are all “Trusted”?

Thanks

@filip I wonder about the statement that companies may want their data to stay within the trusted parties and therefore use permissioned blockchain. I don´t understand this. What data is it you can see as a node provider? Is it not already encrypted with SHA256? And the data is not the actual document (if that is what you want to send) but just the hash? What am I missing?

Hey @AndyEken, hope you are ok.

A permissioned blockchain will give you the possibility to select which data you want to go public and which encrypted to kept private, is not exactly about the algorithm to use for the encryption (sha256 for example).

Carlos Z

Can anyone help me with the multiple choice? I have been stuck on it since days

Hey @Chloe_C, hope you are ok.

What multiple choice you mean? would be great if you can provide any link or screenshot related to your issue.

Carlos Z

Hi everyone! What is stopping a compony employing a private blockchain without proof-of-work from ‘cooking the books’ so to say?
Yes, it is a blockchain, but you can change something and redo the whole chain with little effort. (Although you have to be able to do that on the majority of nodes to achieve consensus. I assume private blockchains don’t have a ‘longest chain wins’ rule.)