Deposit Dai to MetaMask

Hi All,

This question might seem a bit dumb, but is there a way to deposit Dai to MetaMask directly?
I only see a button to send Dai but not Deposit.
Is it that it only works by depositing Eth and then exchanging for Dai?

Any help is highly appreciated!!

5 Likes

Of course you can. All you have to do it click on the your ETH address and then click on deposit. Then send your DAI to your ETH address. After that you will see your DAI balance go up in the metamask. DAI is an erc20 token and every erc20 token is sent to an ETH address. Test it out with 1 DAI and see the magic. Hope that helps. :smiley:

6 Likes

Send DAI just like you would send ETH to your metamask address.

2 Likes

Thanks Mauro. :smiley:
I tried to send some DAI from Crypto.com to my MetaMask using the Eth address before I asked the question, but actually the crypto.com app won’t let me send it…
So the problem was that when the app reads the QR code, it automatically displays the address as an ETH address…so you have to delete the legend Ethereum and keep the actual address only.

Hi Ritious, please see my reply below…this might help, it works as I sent 10 Dai to test first.
Thanks Mauro. :smiley:
I tried to send some DAI from Crypto.com to my MetaMask using the Eth address before I asked the question, but actually the crypto.com app won’t let me send it…
So the problem was that when the app reads the QR code, it automatically displays the address as an ETH address…so you have to delete the legend Ethereum and keep the actual address only.

So you figured it out now? Its hard to know all the wallets out there. But the way to do it is always the same. Erc20 goes to an ETH address. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for the help man, I appreciate it!! :100: :dizzy:

1 Like

Yes, thank you to tell, at least here, to send DAI to the ETH address, it is an ERC-20 Token (!).
After a while at Etherscan.io the tab “Erc20 Token Txns” appears with tha DAI details.
And it appears in Metamax.

Mauro, Have you sent Dai to Metamask? I have Eth in my CB account. I sent eth to Metamask OK but now how do I get Dai to Metamask. Ive read all the replies and not sure if I need a dedicated Eth wallet or what is the easiest way to do it?

1 Like

I just replied to your ticket. In short, you need to exchange some of your ETH for DAI. Or you need to buy DAI and send it to your ETH address. You can use the same wallet. Every ethereum address can accept er20 tokens. :smile:

You can use https://1inch.exchange/#/ as a decentralized way of exchanging your ETH for DAI. Simply put the amount on the ETH you wish to exchange on the left side and select the DAI token on the right side. Approve the transaction from your metamask and you will be getting your DAI soon.

Let me know if you still don’t understand what to do. :smiley:

1 Like