DeX Cybersecurities & Cyberthreats

I’m not sure if I understood this, so let me know if you found holes in my understanding.
What I’m trying to achieve is a general understanding of the risks involved in trading cryptocurrencies on a DeX network in terms of its operational longevity under stresses from digital & physical threats.

I might be wrong, but I think all DeX Platforms (IDEX, Uniswap, Kyber, dydx, etc.) are hosted on their specific Server Providers & ISPs.

What I would like to know:

1. Are the DeXs more secure against direct cyberattacks (e.g. DDoS) than SEC-approved centralized exchanges (Coinbase, Poloniex, MAXExchange, Luno, etc)?

2. If DeXs are housed in a Server Providers & hosted to only 1 specific ISPs, would it be possible for the governments/authorities to shutdown the Platform website by either raiding the Server Providers & confiscating hardware assets, or enforcing a cease-&-desist order against the Platform to the ISPs?

3. Is there a possibility that a website can be distributed in-sync across different Server Providers & different ISPs such that a failure of one does not lead to the failure of the service as a whole?

4. If you would recommend the most secure DeX (regardless of trade volume, only by purely auditing its cybersecurity measures), which would you choose?

5. If you would recommend the best balance between security and liquidity, which DeX would you choose?

Do share your thoughts on other threats that might potentially risk the DeX network, like geopolitical threat (e.g. US sanctions vs. unrestricted trading).

2 Likes

@CryptoZann - I’m curious about the same. I checked out Mcafee dex , but was waiting for a lot more heavy testing. When I last checked it was just out in beta. I am also curious what kind of slippage you might have in the order book with Dex(es) - what is the plural of Dex? for smaller ones with low volume. :computer: