EOS Studio - Contract helloworld and and account helloworld missing after reload

Tks for the support group reference Carlos.

To be clear, I didn’t create a new project. I created the new contract and account called helloworld3 to use in my helloworld project. So would you suggest I try and create a new project called helloworld3 using helloworld3 account and contract? And if that doesn’t work then do the delete and reinstall of EOSStudio again (for the fourth time)!

Can you answer another question that I asked - wherever it specifies the contract name in each CPP or HPP section of the project must it be the same name as the contract (not project!) or does it matter? For example, I believe Phillip said in one part of the earlier steps of setting up the helloworld project, where it says contract, he said the project name must be used. It’s a little confusing unless he just misspoke. Yes so summing up, which parts of the project programming must have the exact contract name and which parts should specify the project name?

Sorry for all the work this is causing you trying to get this sorted out for me.

Tks

Don

To be honest, EOS Studio have many bugs over time, its hard for me to identify them all, for example, their web does not work properly any more, easiest solution is just to download it and install it locally.

What I do is to not tend to create multiple projects with the same name, like helloworld3… cuz it runs into issues with EOS Studio. Some times i just delete the entire folder, create new projects or clear all data cache from eos studio. (last option is to reinstall again, but i have stop counting how many times i have been into that)

I do not have a technical answer for it, just by experience, i do the same for my cpp file (the main contract file), it must have the same name than project and contract.

Also when I run into eosio sdk which is the framework on EOS 201, its all command line, based on my experience, to avoid errors i name my cpp file with the same contract name, cuz some times it runs into issues.

For example:
Contract name: dogcontract
CPP file name: dogcontracts

That will end into compiling errors, so is just better to keep both with the same name.

I do would like that you can complete this course easily, but sadly, EOS is running into many troubles with the EOS Studio and then changing the syntax…is quite difficult to keep it working properly.

Still I would try to help you whit all I can so you can complete this course.

Carlos Z

1 Like

Tks Carlos

That clears up a lot of the questions that I had.

I’ll give it another go and we’ll see what happens.

Don

1 Like