Ethereum Advanced

Bitcoin has sidechains for this, but nobody is actually using it. Ethereum has a really large community and many developers are building on it. Ethereum works way better for this use case.
In Advanced Ethereum, you will learn to program dapps etcetera.

1 Like

This course is just brilliant, the academy in general ! Fan fkn tastic

2 Likes

Hi all.

Finding courses very informative and very well set out.

Thank you very much Ivan and all for the hard work and effort you have put into it.

So far completed the bitcoin 101 and etherium 101 courses.

Looking forward to becoming smarter and maybe perform some smart contacts.

Good luck to everyone and hope you all enjoy the course as much as I am.
Bob.

2 Likes

Hi Everybody . :wave:
First I like to say Thank You to everyone that is involved in this project . Ivan , Fabrice ,Filip . You guys rock . After taking Blockchain & Corn :wink: 101 . Iā€™m moving forward with ETH . I have bean in the space for some time mainly trading but not fully understanding the space . Now I see the difference and Iā€™m very exited about it . I have bean following Ivan on tech for years now and now I feel like I am a part of something bigger then I can imagine future of . I think everyone here its for a reason and I have a feeling that many lives will be changed with this course . So far I like it a lot and Iā€™m dedicating as much time I can with the course . Iā€™m a rookie with all this and I will take my time to fully understand it all . Taking Java would be my next move in order to understand programming . I already have multiple ideas in my head on how we can use this technology and apply to current live demands that run on finance 1.0 .
Cheers . :boom:

PS ; Sorry no FB here so no post there . See you tomorrow atomic clock :mantelpiece_clock:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this awesome course! Ivan on Tech Academy really motivates me a lot, I canā€™t wait to progress in this course and to learn much more :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Fabrice, I donā€™t really understand what Gas is and what purpose it has in Ethereum. Could you explain it to me?

Thank you in advance! :smile:

Moving onto the ethereum advanced part of the learning. So far so good. The discussion is great and many thanks to Fabrice who has always responded super quick. But to save him and others answering questions that may have been asked many times before in the thread - is there a search option?

Every transaction & Operation (ex. functions in a smart contract) has a different price depending on how heavy the computation.
Because ETH is volatile it could be too expensive in some times to write a variable into a smart contract or something. Thatā€™s why we us gasprices in ETH. Miners decide when to change gas prices.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gas-ethereum.asp

2 Likes

Ok, thank you very much! I will look up more into it but, I think I understand what you mean.

Hi Iā€™m really enjoying ploughing through these courses, have a lot more understanding now of the tech behind bitcoin and ethereum, would love to work remotely on blockchain financial projects eventually when I get the programming knowledge :blush:

1 Like

Hi Guys, Just Finished the Bitcoin 101 and jumped straight into ETH 101.
Easy to understand and a good breakdown of the content.

Looking forward to Absorb it all!

Well done and keep it up!

1 Like

@ivan
Are you building something like Steemit for your community? Do you have already thought about this?I mean you can create and build something nice with your academy, youtube channel (big community) and so on and so forth!

I am really enjoying this course so far.

1 Like

Well said my fellow students .
I would like to have an excellent understanding as well

1 Like

Nice, keep digging in the rabbit hole. I can assure you, the rabbit hole is endless. :rabbit: I didnā€™t hit the bottom yet :grin:

2 Likes

I think in the end the rabbit hole is also filled with knowledge when we honestly and diligently dig a hole for our selfā€™s

1 Like

Nothing really bugging me now, just looking forward to learning more on Ethereum. Great learning as usual. Hope everyoneā€™s learning is going well too.

1 Like

So is the digital currency actual called Ether and not Ethereum as you see in the likes of CoinMarketCap and Coinbase?

1 Like

Yes, the whole network is called Ethereum and ETH is the currency of the network

2 Likes

Thanks Fabrice so do you know why is it called Ethereum and not Ether on Coinbase and Coin Market Cap?

2 Likes