Ethereum Staking

Hi guys, I’m new to programming but I’m really interested in staking Ethereum. Is there anyone on here that can help me set up a validator node?
Thanks!
Natalia

2 Likes

Sure, I build my own too. But - no offense - if you have near zero experience with Linux environments, I would not recommend. 32 ETH is a lot to play with (at least for me) and you can’t pause the network for a week while you solve a problem with your validator, if any.

There are some other methods, staking pool services like Rocket Pool or Stkr and they don’t require any technical experience or not even 32 ETH.

If you are still interested I’m happy to help, but as I saw a lot of people don’t see the commitment and the work, what running a validator needs.

1 Like

ey @LoveLynx , i think Stkr is a cool opportunity. Do you know how aETH work? I understood that you receive aETH once you stake your ETH and you can even trade it with Uniswap or use it on Defi ecosystem but i dont find this token info anywhere else. Did you try it?

Hey @ PapatoniC check this article:
https://medium.com/ankr-network/stkr-explained-what-is-aeth-f0326abfa8e8

As I see, just like Rocket Pool, this is a “tokenized staking” concept. aETH:ETH ratio is 1:1 in the beginning, so if you deposit min. 0.5 ETH, you get the same amount of aETH. You get your rewards as aETH, which yoi can accumulate or trade. In theory, 1 aETH will gradually be worth more than 1 ETH there will be definaty some who is willing to trade this hoping future profit.

I did not used Stkr, I build my own staking node with linux/prysm from scratch, but a little later when my GPU-s get me a few ETH I will try it. And RocketPool too, but luckily I have at least 5 months while they start in production :slight_smile:

1 Like