Gas Fees - Swap and Metamask Oh my!

Anybody getting killed by Eth gas fees? I transfered a super small amount to my Metamask (which ate up 50%) then I went to Swap to a lower priced Alt and when I got the Network Fee it was $100+!! (And mind you this is for an under $10 Alt Coin. I was blown away; needless to saw I am not going to be using Eth in this current environment. The Eth coin itself is surging which is great, but using Eth functionaly seems pointless. (Course, maybe I’m missing the entire point.) Thoughts? Thanks!

1 Like

If you really want to explore DEFI opportunities with a minimal fee, I suggest you try exploring Binance Smart Chain. But don’t just take my word for it. You must DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH about it. Check this video in case you want to explore.

I hope this helps.

Zai

1 Like

By the way, if you are from the US and using Binance.US this video is very helpful.

Zai

Having the same issue. Exploring dApps before going in with higher savings is very unattractive due to the high gas fees.

I found a solution. Using the Kovan Testnet, you can generate ETH and DAI for testing purpose. This will enable you to play around with the dApps without investing real ETH or DAI. :+1:
So connect your MetaMask to the KovanTestNet. You will be able to connect to dApps through Kovan as well. So there we go :wink:

@MusicforMovies ETH 2.0 is supposed to change the gas fee situation. see HERE