Generating dia assidnment

Trying to do assignment to mint new dia on maker, maker only doing cdp’s on sia’s,. Sent me to oasis to create dia. After importing wallet and generating vault, the vault requires a mim. of 20 dia. With the eth. I put in can only generate 9.60 dia. Ok, need more eth collateral. I’m noticing a liquidation price of $94.93, and a collateralization ratio of 288.22%. I would have to put $58 worth of eth in vault to generate 20 dia. Why would I do this? What’s the point? You tie up eth and have to pay back dia. That seems like a lot of eth for a little dia. God forbid it gets hit with liquidation fee. Maybe I’m not doing it right.

Say I have a pile of ETH and I’m sure ETH is going to go up in value.

But I need money RIGHT NOW.

And I don’t want to sell my ETH then hope the price holds until I can afford to pay it back.

When transaction and contract fees weren’t through the roof a defi loan was a great way to get some liquidity without losing your position.

Also, if the value of your collateral is rising as it rises you can borrow progressively more, or in a pinch sell a bit to release the rest of your tokens.

If this had been available two years ago I’d be a whale today.