How to avoid "stupid mistakes" (wrong addresses, scam websites and tokens)

Hello peeps,

This is my first post on Ivan on Tech, glad to be here :slight_smile:

I’m a bit of an adhd personality so overlooking small but simple details is my speciality. I was wondering if you can help me figure out strategies for my following struggles/ anxieties:

• Fake Websites: what are ways I can verify I’m on the legit aave/ curve etc. website? -> at first I thought bookmarking the links from youtubers or coingecko and coinbase would suffice. But I have adopted the believe of “don’t trust - verify” in the meantime :wink:

Q1: a) Is there a way to “technically look under the hood of a website?” something along the lines of inspecting it or being able to link the smart contracts from etherscan to the website?

• Adding tokens/ coins: same as Q1 really…
    Q2: How can I be sure that the addresses for tokens on coingecko etc. are legit when adding them to Metamask?

• Avoiding transactions to incompatible addresses…
    Q3: By this I mean accidentally sending an erc20 token to a non ethereum blockchain etc. I know really stupid and luckily this hasn’t happened to me yet. But is the easiest way to make sure I can send token X to address Y?

a) is it enough to make sure that the token is “ethereum - based” and I can automatically send it to any ETH address? I understand that besides ERC20 there are different standards for NFTs etc. under Ethereum… can these still be sent to any ETH address?

b) How can I easily verify a token or address is associated with a certain blockchain besides just using google?

friendly greetings

Sebastian

@ivan maybe you can give me a hint. Hugely appreciated… greetings Sebastian