I made this flowchart for Bitcoin and would like some feedback

I’m trying to wrap my head around Bitcoin’s network. I’m not 100% sure this flowchart is accurate, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

@PenticVII this looks great! Everything I need to know about how the miner interaction with the network works is here. I’d like to see more of these flowcharts. While this one focuses on miners, I encourage you to expand on this or create a new flowchart that includes how regular users transacting with each other looks. In this particular chart you have, the only thing I’d add is a “forks” bubble, but even without that small detail, I can look at this and a lot I learned from Bitcoin 101 just comes back in my memory. Hope you will or have made more of these flowcharts for other networks. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate it. I’ve found that making flowcharts for the lessons has improved my understanding of the lessons substantially. I’ve included them with my lesson responses to give a reader a visual representation of my response.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had the time to learn the fundamentals for another crypto, but I plan on taking the Ethereum 2.0 course and learn more about Proof of Stake. I’ve been doing these lessons while going to college and working full time.

Here are my others.
Mempool
Mining PoWProof of Work UTXO1 Wallets

2 Likes