I'm an academy member - whats up with the Bootcamp?

As a member of the academy, I was a little surprised to see the advertising of something called Blockchain Bootcamp, which bills itself as exactly what the Academy was supposed to do. (Zero to Blockchain Developer). And it’s an extra $2k on top of what I pay for the academy.

Am I missing something?

2 Likes

A blockchain bootcamp will help you learn everything that you need to know about JS and HTML. Later on you will start programming SC on Ethereum. By the end of the bootcamp, you will have your own version of crypto kitties completely functional. This will all be done with the help of 1 on 1 meetings with our staff team. :smiley:

1 Like

I guess the question is - isn’t that what the Academy was supposed to do for us?

2 Likes

Yes, you can still do it on your own. But if you feel like you are struggling and need help, we have it as an option. Some people may prefer 1 on 1 talks to better learn everything we offer. :smiley:

1 Like

I understand where Mr Pip is coming from and i have the same doubt as him.
Our understanding are that by being in this academy itself is already in the bootcamp, which we are paying monthly subscription to learn at our own pace.
How is this academy different from another boot camp of urs?like more information?

By enrolling in the bootcamp you get 1 on 1 help with out staff team. We makes sure you learn everything. And by the end of the bootcamp, you will have your very own project. :smiley:

2 Likes

as a paying academy member, if i wanted to sign up for bootcamp would i have to pay the full bootcamp fee or just the difference between the bootcamp fee and my current subscription?

I am also interested in knowing the response to @CryptoG82 question… thanks

I contacted support and got the following reply:
“Our Bootcamp is an add-on for the academy members. You would have to pay the full price of $3997 to enroll”

As with most ‘academy’ programs on the internet, we are seeing ‘the cashing in on popularity’ happening here. Sad. I think this place has moved from a group of enthusiasts to a money-making venture.

mrpip

Just to let you know- I’m doing the Bootcamp. I have no affiliation with Ivanontech- Just an enthusiast with a need to change career asap. I also run my own training business in 3D modelling and wrote a couple of books on it. Complaints are common enough and many can be addressed- Not all though. One thing I can say is it takes a colossal amount of work to put a course together. It’s hard to appreciate until you do it.

I get where you’re coming from. There is huge value in having a mentor guide you through materials that are there in Bootcamp.

I know it’s a lot of money to shell out for this. Personally I took out a loan to pay for it, because it’s an educational course which is an investment, unlike taking out a loan for a car or even a house.

Also there are courses on the Bootcamp which aren’t included- Quite a lot of them, so there are different opportunities there.

I get your point, but there are other ways to look at it. The academy can’t simply give you a mentor without charging for it. My mentor is really helpful and available whenever I want really.

Just my thoughts. Hope that helps. Good luck with your studies. :slightly_smiling_face:

hey! Im thinking about doing the bootcamp. Have you found it worthwhile? Would love some feedback before I jump into it.