Importance of Blockchain in Business

I’m just starting this module but see more and more large compnaies using blockchain even in their tracking and supply systems such as FedEx and Walmart in the US. At this point in the US, blockchain and cryptocurrency adoption is occuring at an ever increasing rate in financial systems and more. I’m waiting for it to make corrupt government and corporations honest or go bust. The citiznes of the world deserve as much and we will all be better off as a result, if used for altruistic purposes. Yes, money is important, but perhaps the way we exchange value on blockchain in the future will become more fair and reward honest work. It certainly has the potential.

3 Likes

Great insight. Do you mean trust and security problems locally in a company or are you talking about B2B/B2C relationship?

I think both actually… :thinking:
Ivo

The first application I recognize is for the transparency for the clients:
How many business needs a way to store permanent immutable safe data about their users and let them check in a privacy-compliant way? Nearly all!

1 Like

lol…but that sound like your saying that the Business’ focus is Blockchain where as employing the use of blockchain may as in most cases only be a faciliator to the business as is current centralised I.T in which millions of company’s have other primary goals, products or services :slight_smile:

Is the Ethereum network now something to consider in 2020 for business (stability, performance). Or is it still better to have your own private hyperledger network.

2 Likes

Enough to get me excited!

1 Like

Hi Ivan I’ve been interested in DeFi and I’ve been watching those courses I had a question I’m from iran I can start a project which I have been planing on for a while I can raise 1 milion$ my self for it without advertising but in iran they even arrest people for these kinds of things so i was wondering are there any countries that accept DeFi legally and that I can apply through startup?(and if you know any international lawyers I would be great full if you could give me some information so I can contact them).:pray::pray::pray:

@ivan hello Ivan thanks a lot for your great content.i have been researching a lot in the Defi space and I continue to do so I have been successful in the trading space but I don’t have any experience in blockchain and I was wondering are there any jobs I could be active in the space if I just know how the Defi projects work in depth?(I have no coding experience)

1 Like

Looking forward to this course… planning and understanding how blockchain fits into business is extremely important.

1 Like

Has this course not been updated since 2018? Seriously, Ivan just said ethereum has no use case in business yet, is that still true in 2020? I feel like 2 years in blockchain terms is a lifetime this course should definitely be updated immediately!

2 Likes

Hey @KcDevDude, hope you are great.

Yes the course is a little bit old, but most of the data remain actually to the industry.
Now what is complete deprecated is the Hyperledger Composer, but we will surprise you next year with something :slight_smile:
By that moment, yes, Ethereum does not have too many use cases for business, now is a completely different history. Is not that the course is getting out of date, the main problem with Computer Science in general is that it advance and innovate really quickly, 2 years is not that much time, but in terms of computer science, that is a loooooooot of advance.

We will surprise all of you guys soon. :nerd_face:

Carlos Z

5 Likes

Thanks for the response!

It is 2021. You said that we can not use ethereum for our bussines in 2018. It is still the same nowadays???

1 Like

Although Ethereum is facing a little scaling issue (that can be solve in a future with Eth 2.0 and EIP 1559), many big companies at these days are investing on Ethereum for long term, because there is maaaaany great projects being develop on ethereum that in the near future will have many use cases for business.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

I believe Ethereum needs v2 to get full business adoption. v1 is an expensive testnet, but the investments are worth the future rewards.

2 Likes

im learning so much. Thank you Ivan and team

1 Like

@9tcode - SRS ? Software Requirements Specification ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_requirements_specification

JUNE 2021 – I’m starting this module 1.5 yrs after this post - but strong agreements w/ your views -
having just spent 2 years living in the home of WalMart in NW Ark.,
and, though I have no association w/ WM, just observing the rapidity of the changes they’re making –
especially as they seek to regain equal standing w/ the online opportunity they ‘forfeited’ to Amazon - - reminiscent of the IBM > MicroDOS era ?

Also, IF - IF - IF “Money” =

(1) Symbol of Value --> thus a medium of exchange FOR that Value
(2) Store of Value
(3) Mechanism of Accounting for Value

then as you also mention: “the way we exchange Value on blockchain in the future”
focuses on Value as the key 1st Principle – as I’m learning from deep-dives into Austrian School teachings on the ‘Subjective’ nature of the symbol called ‘Money’,
and how all of that hinges on the most rudimentary of actions - -
exchanges of Value between 2 or more human beings.

Re: the ‘dated’ nature of this course from < 2018? > – I get it, but personally, I’m cutting slack
for a team that seems to be working hard to create the new/newest content
which does compensate for the dated nature of the older content. This course is really a BC 101, right? - - a High-level overview ‘ABOUT’ – to be supplemented/refreshed by our own efforts
to Search the current day’s inter-webs for answers to our various questions.

Course content seems very interesting. Super excited to be here!:sunglasses:

1 Like