Introduce yourself

David, I’m also thinking in a big picture way how to use the blockchain to better the healthcare industry. I am a healthcare provider myself. I’m thinking how the blockchain could make medical and dental insurance reimbursements open and fair? Can you elaborate on your ideas?

8 Likes

Nice to be here, keep up the excellent work dude!! :+1:

2 Likes

@Roadkill welcome!! :heart:

1 Like

@Doc @DavidRegan Guys I glad you found each other! I created a Healthcare category for you. Please create a topic and continue talking about Healthcare there :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Ivan, I learned about bitcoin way back when it got started but never did anything with it (kicking myself). I bought a couple bitcoins a few years ago and when it took off about 6 months ago I got REAL interested. I’m currently following a few YouTube personalities that speak about cryptocurrencies from an investment point of view. However, I want to know what is behind the various currencies, the game changing business models they represent, and how good the code and reputations of the personalities behind the tokens are. I found you by chance on YouTube and have been following for a few months.

Personally, I have dual citizenship between the USA and Portugal. I’m a healthcare provider and a closet crypto geek.

9 Likes

Yeah I missed the initial BTC boat as well :slight_smile: but we’re still early! I mean theoretically only 21M people will be able to hold a whole BTC and if you take all the other coins and projects into the consideration you see that the possibilities are still huge! I’m personally very interested in the healthcare aspect of the blockchain. I’ll start a topic on healthcare ideas in the healthcare category! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Boa Tarde Diogo, I lived in Portugal for 10 years. I loved every minute of it and think of my time there as the best years of my life. What a beautiful country and people.

6 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Caio from Brazil.

Just found out about ivan’s channel on youtube and got really happy learning about this community. I just started my computer Engineering course in college and look forward to working in blockchain related stuff in the (hopefully near) future.

Anyway, hope i can contribute to this great community!

6 Likes

Eddie Mercer, Born in Upstate NY, grew up moving all over the US, and Germany, having never lived in the same city more than 2 years. I’ve lived in NYC since 2005. Probably the most interesting thing about me is I used to be a fairly well known graffiti artist in the 90’s, and I took a 5 year snowboarding trip to Colorado in the early 2000’s.

I have a lifelong obsession with technology. After working as a UI, UX designer for a couple years, I currently work as a systems technician. I troubleshoot both hardware, and the proprietary system specific software on the automated systems we manufacture and install. Outside of the systems I currently work with I’m fluent in HTML, CSS, and familiar with PHP, and have dabbled in Javascript.

I was first introduced to Bitcoin in 2009 when I was senior moderator of a large graffiti forum. I ignored it and was reintroduced in 2013 when the price started making headlines. Finally got into it in June of this year and have dove into this rabbit hole head first. I’ve been learning everything I can ever since, and at the same time trying to connect with this global community that shares the same passion for this emerging technology.

7 Likes

G’day mate I’m Ted from Australia born in Holland near Arnhem “The Bitcoin capital” (Some say), am an physically challenged (Invalid) so you might say I’m crypto-crypt! Got into crypto by chance, now it’s a great way to keep up with the young and yes I’m 58 young. Looked a lot at youtube learned a lot. did a few courses on line now trying to learn Python and more. `Trying to get my head round this new form of things.

11 Likes

Hi, my name is Guilherme, I live in Brasilia, Brazil, and I started buying bitcoins and other cryptocoins about three months ago. I am trying to learn about it. Also, I have been following Ivan on his youtube channel.

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andre’, and like many others here I too am a software developer. I’ve been into cryptography a little before ‘Triple DES’ was a thing. ;O) I first learned about Bitcoin and/or cryptocurrency years ago while exploring TOR’s hidden services(.onion links). Separate of that, I saw Ivan’s youtube video dealing with the ‘IOTA vs MIT’ encryption vulnerability; along with his invite to join this forum. So here I am.

6 Likes

Hey all! I’m Brady Swenson from Lawrence, KS, USA, a college town near Kansas City. I’m director of tech for rewire.news, a father of two amazing kiddos and a lifelong proud tech nerd. I’ve dabbled in crypto for a few years and have just recently committed to investing seriously in this revolutionary technology. I’m here to learn and ride the revolution with others who have realized what’s happening.

Of course crypto is just a piece of the larger exponential technology revolution. I’m also interested in decentralized apps in general, AI and space. I’m also working on a side project called Watch Nature. We’re building a social field guide and a community dedicated to accelerating the documentation and conservation of life on Earth. We’re using Elixir and Vue to build a progressive web app. Just getting started, but you can check it out on GitHub. We’ll be running a private alpha sometime early next year - feel free reach our if you’re interested!

PS - Ivan, I’m from a proud Swedish family here - my great grandfather came here from Jönköping. I was able to visit Sweden once and absolutely loved it. Looking forward to getting back and glad to have the opportunity to get to know you in this way!

5 Likes

Welcome my friend!! Wooot, I’m from Jönköping too :smiley: moved to Stockholm in 2014. Have you been there and seen Vättern?

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Eddy from Chile :chile:, i’ve been following cryptos for about a year and Ivan’s channel for about 4 months. I’m in second year of computer engineering and really interested in learning more about cryptocurrencies. Just saw Ivan’s invitation to join this blog on his video about MIT vs Iota. I still have lots to learn but I’d be glad to help with anything I can :smiley:

5 Likes

Woah! :open_mouth: That’s awesome! Yes, we did stop briefly in Jönköping - so beautiful - the lake and the town. We spent a week in Stockholm as well. That was a while ago right after college - looking forward to traveling there with my wife and kids when they are old enough to really appreciate it.

3 Likes

Hello Ivan. I love your You-tube channel

I’m a big user for trading view and would like to share with the crypto pub some of my finding.

~S

1 Like

Greetings. I’m software developer, very new at cryptocurrencies - since June 2017, after investing in some, found out that it is more interesting to me study their technology and understand how they work than worrying about the price - that is when I discovered Ivan’s channel. It is the most direct way to understand cryptos from various aspects. Thank you and lets learn together.
Best regards, brn

3 Likes

My name is Paul and I work as an iOS/-Android Developer in Hamburg, Germany. I got into cryptocurrencies a long time ago, but it was more an on-off-relationship. Basically I bought some and sold some over the years. Since half a year, I am really dedicated to this topic and I am looking forward to the interesting discussions on the board.

A few years ago, I developed a dart-score-counter named DartMate for iOS in my free time, that apparently no one is using besides me :slight_smile: You can check it out, it is free.

3 Likes

Hi Ivan,
My name is Paul and I’ve been getting into crypto for the last couple of months, I’ve been following you on YouTube, you’ve got a great channel there! I’m not a developer but I am an engineer and I love your technical explainations. Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help out with this forum.
Paul.

3 Likes