Introduction to Technical Analysis Discussion

Thank you so much for this constructive course!
Learned a lot!

1 Like

Hi, I can see that now there are two courses:

Algorithmic Trading & Technical Analysis

Technical Analysis 101

How does it correspond to each other? Should I do both courses or are there some parts which are the same in both courses? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Tomahawk, hope you are ok.

The Technical Analysis 101 course is mainly the fundamentals for trading and TA.

While the Algorithmic Trading & Technical Analysis teach some of the basics (assumed that you already know some of it) but it focus on programming a trading bot, so is kinda more advance course since you need to know at least javascript.

Carlos Z

Hello Filip,

I have a problem. https://academy.ivanontech.com/products/algorithmic-trading-technical-analysis/categories/1700688/posts/5708339
Chart Introduction lesson, the video. stops at 1:06 and can’t be played since this timeframe not even after reloading page or reopening the browser, am I the only one with this problem?

1 Like

Hey @mulaterikos, hope you are ok.

The video works perfect for me, i was able to watch it above the 1:06 minute, maybe you want to try to play it on another browser? (could be the browser that you use frequently that have the a bug with the video)

Carlos Z

should we look for golden or death cross on every time frame or there is specific one to look out for, 4hr, 1D ??

I think that depends on the strategy you build, golden or death cross is just one indicator.

Carlos Z

Hi,
Can I use buy stop and sell stop ?
If so, how?

Thanks
b

1 Like

Hi,

I still don’t understand how I get money per month or per year?

Thanks,
B

2 Likes

Hey @soho101, hope you are ok.

Yes, is a good common practice to have an stoploss for each position, i might advice you to check some youtube videos about “trading stoploss” so you understand it even better :nerd_face:

Carlos Z

1 Like

Hello!

I just watched the “Candlesticks” lecture video. I’m taking a probability and statistics college course this summer, and one of the topics covered earlier in the course was box-and-whisker plots. To me, the candlesticks looked very much like vertical versions of a box-and-whisker plot. Just as shown by the candlestick, the box is the middle rectangle and the lines extending from it on both sides are the whiskers. In a box-and-whisker plot, however, there is a line somewhere near the middle of the box that shows the median of the data set, which is the number that occurs in the middle.

I’m not sure if anyone has done statistics in high school or in college, but this is something that really stood out to me. Thank you!

1 Like

It is called TradingView - https://www.tradingview.com/

@thecil

Hello Carlos,
Where am I able to find your answers to the questions bellow? I noticed that you marked my post with a “like” but I can not see your answres to my questions.
Many thanks,

Hi,

I am taking this course (Algorithmic Trading & Technical Analysis) because I would like to learn more about trading and consolidate previous knowledge–I do not have trading experience background!

1. What is the difference between Algorithmic Trading and Trading View?

2. Will this course give me a better understanding on BSI trading tool?

3. When will the next BSI promotion take place?

Many thanks,

1 Like

@thecil

Hello Carlos,
Where am I able to find your answers to the questions bellow? I noticed that you marked my post with a “like” but I can not see your answres to my questions.
Many thanks,

Hello again,

Just went through the candlesticks lecture.

1. What external factors would create positive or negative candlesticks?

2. Besides market supply and demand, what other data points would better inform risk management and decision making?

3. Are you okay to recommend trading bots for educational purposes i.e. to identify historical trading patterns that could end up in gains or losses in a given period of time?

Many thanks,

1 Like

I would love to see some worst case scenarios and see how ta performs in a very volatile unpredictable market and what that teaches people basically a very hard market to trade and some advice on how to manage even the riskiest of trades

2 Likes

I have a question about the Triangle Formation (discussed in the “Chart Patterns” video here);

My Observation:
It looks like there are 2 types of triangle formations:

1. An “Upward Trend” triangle
    (with the horizontal line at the bottom, becoming the support line)

2. A “Downward Trend” triangle
    (with the horizontal line at the top, becoming the resistance line)

Question:
Do “Upward Trend” triangles typically have a breakout upwards (and vice-versa for “Downward Trend” triangles breaking out downwards)?
(I know there’s no guarantee that it will always breakout in the same direction, but curious what is expected to happen most-of-the-time, or based on experience what is observed to happen most-of-the-time.)

1 Like

If you want another way to explore all the markets . May I sugggest Coingeck or Coinmarketcap

1 Like