Javascript bot programming using Gemini API, NodeJS and CryptoCompare - DISCUSSION

Great, I’m glad you solved it :slight_smile:

Hi.
The syntax for newOrder has changed.
I checked in the exchange API documentation.

restClient.newOrder({
“symbol”: “btcusd”,
“amount”: “5”,
“price”: “3633.00”,
“side”: “buy”,
})
.then(response => console.log(response))
.catch(console.error);

1 Like

At first I could not install the Gemini API code because Powershell gave me an error which stated that my system is not allowing me to run scripts. To fix this problem I had to go to
( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_execution_policies?view=powershell-7)

which has all the execution policy codes. It have instructions to run POWERSHELL as an admin and then run “ExecutionPolicy Bypass” which then allowed me to install the gemini api.

1 Like

I am having problems making the sandbox order, lease assist.
Error Code:
"
(node:12592) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: #
(node:12592) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 3)
(node:12592) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
"

I fixed it by making sure my key and secret are correctly copied and the key part contains “account-”

3 Likes

Greatings to all. I had some problems running PowerSell at the begining. For some reason i found it was blocked from my antivirus(avast) for some reason and i had to restart my computer so it could finally work. Secondly i had the same problem as @CryptoKomuna. For some reason windows 10 has all execution policies set as undefined on my system.

On the foto you can see the first time error for yarn add gemini-api.(first big red paragraf)
Then i typed in : Get-ExecutionPolicy - list with this you can see all the execution policy.
In my case everything is undefined so i choosed the current user . The green underlined is the code to set it off. The system asks you to verify yes, yes to all, no, no to all, suspend, help. I have choosen Y and it worked when i set yarn again. Here is a useful link for this problem like in previous comment @noobon3 mentiond https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_execution_policies?view=powershell-7

2 Likes

Still not working gemini in germany :frowning: I hope there will be soon a cover of the course on another europian exchange like gemini. Any one know about cryptoAPIs or CoinAPI?or another exchance exept bitmex?
After trying things out i found that if you go directly to https://exchange.sandbox.gemini.com/ it also lets germans subscribe even without vpn just use the exact adress of Ivans videos.

1 Like

I found it a little bit disappointing that I could follow your instructions because I am working with a Mac. Any solutions?

1 Like

We would need to see your code. But the error code says that you didn’t include a catch block. See lesson 15 " Gemini API Walkthrough"

@ivan
@filip

Building MA Strategy

Javascript bot programming using Gemini API, NodeJS and CryptoCompare

Great lessons that made many things clearer to me! Thank you!

However I found a small coding error:

Ivan changed the console.log commands correctly, but he missed to change the API call for selling the position from marketBuyBitcoin to marketSellBitcoin:

exchange.marketSellBitcoin() 

should be correct!

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know. We’re probably looking at updating this course soon.

2 Likes

It should be pretty straight forward to use the Mac terminal. Any specific issues I can help with?

i cant install i cant see power shell after i installed nodejs!
im a mac user!
can someone help me!?

1 Like

On Mac you use something called Terminal. You should be able to find it.

1 Like

i have problems installing yarn! can someone help me ?

1 Like

Hi Everyone!
Can’t figure out what is wrong here
Help plz :slight_smile:

LOL omg it took me 12 hours to realize that i Wrote “sandobox”…hahaha
finally I made it!!!

3 Likes

so im trying to create the bot but when i go on terminal and look for the the index.js it wont find it and from there i cant keep going! i tried and tried and nothing is happening

Well, gemini not available in Venezuela, on to another course I suppose, Binance would have worked…

—EDIT----
I have resolved this issue by setting to:

Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope UserPolicy
----END EDIT----

ARGHGHG!!! OK I’ve calmed down now. I am having the same issues as others as regards to this message " yarn : File C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\yarn.ps1 cannot be loaded. The file C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\yarn.ps1 is not digitally signed. You cannot run this script on the current system."

I have tried changing various parameters but there was an override stopping me. I have now reset everything to Undefined… Please advise…