Noob friendly way to test defi?

Hey Professor/students, any ideas on how i can use the eth testnet? The impression ive gotten is that me as an average user can also use the eth testnets to play around in the eth ecosystem, playing around in the platforms to better learn how to use and understand said platforms, especially in the defi space where things are risky. i checked out the makerdao course and it gave some tidbits, i also wanna know if i can use the whats given across the entire eth/defi space?! using real $$$ is scary.

1 Like

Hey @mikesjones, hope you are great.

Now in order to use the testnet is really simple, first of all you have to change the network type in your metamask, (select a different one than the main network)

Then you need some ETH to play around, here you can find some faucets for the ropsten testnet Deploying to Testnet - Discussion

After that, you should check which projects offer their protocol through a testnet.

Here you can read more about: https://medium.com/compound-finance/the-beginners-guide-to-using-an-ethereum-test-network-95bbbc85fc1d

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like