Polkadot - Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread about this lecture section. Here you can feel free to discuss the topic at hand and ask questions.

16 Likes

Hi Alko89,

I am very happy to have the first entry.

All the best!

6 Likes

Second! :slight_smile: Let’s dive into Polkadot! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi! How do forkless upgrades work?

2 Likes

Hello everyone, looking forward to getting started with Polkadot!

3 Likes

The runtime is compiled into WASM code, which can be replaced with a set_code function call. Depending on the governance model of a particular chain, different authorities have access to this function call.

Nodes contain the compiled WASM runtime code so once the function is called, they can swap it with the new version of the runtime. :slight_smile:

WASM (or WebAssembly) is an instruction set for a stack based virtual machine which is designed to be portable so it can be easily swapped on the fly.
https://webassembly.org/

5 Likes

So excited for this course!

5 Likes

Happy to get started with the new course!

2 Likes

When building blockchain with substrate. Do these parachains have their own consensus, can they define consensus or how does it work?

Was looking forward this course :partying_face:

1 Like

They have their own governance. As parachains, chains share the security model of the Relay chain. You can also build non parachain chains with Substrate (regular blockchains) where you can define your own consensus algorithm like for example PoW. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to be here, thanks for producing this course, this is the one project I’m most excited about in crypto.

3 Likes

Excited to learn about Polkadot ecosystem

2 Likes

So one of the elements of PolkaDot that enamors me is Centrifuge, given that my business is in the Supply Chain and Healthcare field, it seems like I should get well-acquanted with PolkaDot.Centrifuge enables supply chain enitities to make orders NFTs so that they can be processed later and run efficientyly in the interim.

3 Likes

Hi all, interesting training for Polkadot i didn’t know anything about it so far.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m super excited to be here and not too long ago just invested in some projects like Polkaswap $PSWAP - I’m soooooooo hyped to get this chance to learn about it because I want to develop the best DApps on that platform :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Happy to learn the DOT Ecosystem details …

2 Likes

Howdy everyone…

Happy to learn about PolkaDot

2 Likes

Hi, I don’t have this course in my yearly subscription. Where can I get it?

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Polkadot, even though I bought and sold some DOT before!

Hope I can understand this!

2 Likes