Possible SCAM! KICK and MNE token

Hi, All
My husband and I were using Cointracking.info a great tool to keep track of multiple wallets and exchanges. A few months ago we started to use MettaMask to buy new coins on Uniswap so we could take advantage of unlisted coins. When we added the MM address to cointracking.info/ it found 2 coins we didn’t know we had, both airdrops. one coin (KICK) we had a total of 888,888 tokens worth about $17. The other (MNE) we found we had 32,000 This is where it gets crazy, the total value of $15,000 worth. After looking into them we found both look like scams. I did look into it on eatherscan and you can see it is being traded, but you cant move the airdrop (genesis tokens). Has anyone seen this? love to get people’s thoughts. @ivan

MNE contract address= 0x426CA1eA2406c07d75Db9585F22781c096e3d0E0
KICK contract address= 0xc12d1c73ee7dc3615ba4e37e4abfdbddfa38907e

2 Likes

Can you simply sell those airdrops, regardless of whether they are reputable projects?

For MNE if you want to sell you have to “upgrade” your address and pay ETH for it. There are 3 levels of upgrade, one is the current one in which you got the MNE airdropped, the second one you can upgrade to mine MNE and get 1.87 MNE, and the third is to upgrade to swap it.
You can also destroy your address or sell it. It seemed a little messed up, because the tokens in your wallet are not yours, and you cannot control them, but I think you have to pay taxes on them, and that’s the worst of it.
For anything you want to do with these tokens, you have to pay.

Probably a good idea to stay away from it.

1 Like