Request Data from a external API

Hello,

I’m currently working on a Ethereum project, and I’m trying to request data of a external API.
Do you have any experience with services like Provable?
I just don’t want a Service where I need to Pay for every request, since ist a Private Chain.

I’m open for other services or methods as well.

Cheers
Kean

Hey @Kean_Vehse

You will need to pay for most of the oracles, as it is their business model. Also consider that the oracle pays a fee to send you info back, so makes sense that they charge a fee to the calling contract.
What kind of information are you trying to fetch?

Cheers,
Dani

Hey @dan-i,

thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:
I’m trying to request some market data of so called RICs. At the moment, I have a python Script which requests the data and writes it on the Blockchain.
I would like to call a function inside a smart Contract that makes the requests and updates the values, which is only possible with Oracles as far as I know.
Do you know any good documentation on how to create my own oracle?

Cheers,
Kean

Hey @Kean_Vehse

I never created an oracle tbh although I though about it.

I would like to call a function inside a smart Contract that makes the requests and updates the values, which is only possible with Oracles as far as I know.

Can I have the contract addr. and the function name?
If the function is set as view you could create a JS script, create a web3 instance of the contract and call the function from there.
Also is there any possibility that the smart contract you want to fetch data from, is emitting events with the info that you need? In that case you could also listen the blockchain to fetch events and get the info from there directly.

If you find interesting info about creating an oracle or if you write code yourself, please send me the github link, I want to have a look too :slight_smile:

cheers,
Dani

1 Like