Setting up the Environment - Discussion

Hi @thecil Carlos,

I was trying to follow the tutorial Platform Walkthrough from Phillip, but I was unable to create an account, the following message appears:

Do you know what I should do? Thank you!

Update: I deleted and re-installed it, now it works!

1 Like

Glad to know that you solve it sir! Sorry to take that long to reply you!

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Hi @thecil having this issue too! I tried uninstall and reinstalling XD. Help will be appreciated! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello sir, could you please share a screenshot of your code?

It said: does not have signatures for it... so you are probably running a action with the wrong permissions.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Hi. Even without any codes i cant create an account. I get the same screen as @Golden_Pig_Coin. Thanks for your reply

2 Likes

Hi…there is no “Local” on EOS Studio Web, we have to use a testNet

1 Like

Not entirely true sir, you can deploy your own local node in most of the networks, the issue with EOS Studio is on their interface facing issues with creation of accounts in testnets, some few bugs that they need to fix.

But you do can deploy your own local EOS Studio.

Also I had installed the docker and EOS Studio for windows in order to run my own EOS Studio and then I dont have to deal with the website issues and bugs from them.

Hope you find this useful.

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Hi, @Golden_Pig_Coin I have the same problem. What did you delete and reinstall to resolve this?

@thecil I am still stuck at the above screen. I cannot proceed. It seems that like many “wonderful new technologies” the code is either vapourware or only a tiny handful of inside developers can use it because their tutorials and docs lag so far behind the current code it cannot be used by others.

Perhaps this is why everyone is making their own blockchain, instead of using ones that already exist?

Hello sir, have you tried to reinstall it? what OS are you using? if windows, is you docker installed and working properly? did you follow the instructions to download the EOSIO CDT?

Carlos Z.

I am using Linux. When you say “reinstall it” which component do you suggest I reinstall? I did follow directions except for the version, which I could not obtain - only newer versions were available.

hi @Dominic_Amann I am using windows. Basically I uninstalled the EOS IDE from the control panel and then go to C drive to delete everything relevant to EOSIO. In Linux, you will need to do it through Terminal I guess.

Correct, in linux, you can delete the folders of EOSIO through the terminal, the start again to execute the installers files.

Carlos Z.

Try to use a different EOSIO version when you create the instance under local network, v2.0.7 has the problem a lot, I think v2.0.5 is better.

You can also try to use a different EOSIO version, for example, use v2.0.5 instead of v2.0.7 when you create the node instance.

1 Like

This solved above mentioned error for me.

I clicked EOSIO versions above right to install extra version 2.05
deleted the 2.07 EOSIO instance because just changing the version brought about extra problems.
reinstalled EOSIO instance with 2.05

after that I could create helloworld account with new keypair

1 Like

Hi Guys
The platform walkthrough is different on windows

when i try to open the downloaded eos studio, the system prompt *“EOS Studio” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.**This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information. In need of some help here

1 Like

Hello @Teo_Chun_Chiang, hope you are great.

It might be a simple default security measure, check this link, could help you fix the problem: Safely open apps on your Mac

Carlos Z.

Hello @Cryptoinsight, hope you are ok.

In which sense you mean is different? I do not understand quite well your sentence. :nerd_face:

Carlos Z.