Time Frames in Charting

Hello academy:

I have been attempting to elucidate my implicit understanding of how to fully grasp how to set time frame charts in doing TA. For example; factors that warrant smaller time frames (1m, 5m, 1hr, etc.) and factors that warrant larger ones (4hr, 1d, 1y). There are of course obvious macrofactors (like type of trader- scalping to positional), but I watched the video where Chris altered some of the parameters of the indicators to allow them to “fit” his chosen time frame (this was in the ‘strategy 2’ video).

Does anyone have any information on this? both in general (why you would use whatever time frame), and more in depth (changing parameters to account for a time frame you chose).

Replying to myself to edit because it is so old lol.

@dan-i

I have been attempting to elucidate my implicit understanding of how to fully grasp how to set time frame charts in doing TA. For example; factors that warrant smaller time frames (1m, 5m, 1hr, etc.) and factors that warrant larger ones (4hr, 1d, 1y). There are of course obvious macrofactors (like type of trader- scalping to positional), but I watched the video where Chris altered some of the parameters of the indicators to allow them to “fit” his chosen time frame (this was in the ‘strategy 2’ video).

Do you have any information on this? both in general (why you would use whatever time frame), and more in depth (changing parameters to account for a time frame you chose).