Trading Basics Discussion

1 Like

Hi filip , would it be possible to illustrate how that is beneifical ? Thanks , Cliff

When we wanna long, we put the order at a specified lower price of the current market price and you in a video said it will execute if the price comes to this specified level or lower? How lower, if once the price comes to the specified level does it not execute automatically?

1 Like

I think if I good understood, for example, if we have resistance and we break it that can indicate that a price will go up from that point and continue to grow to, for example, an all-time high. That’s one way how you can take a profit.

1 Like

Hey @filip on the stop loss and take profit issue, can’t you also adjust your stops like a trailing stop, as the price continues to rise in order to lock in as many profits as possible?

1 Like

Yes, it could be completely possible to program your stop loss with trailing features, when programming, your imagination is the only limitation. Furter in the course you will learn to program a tradingview script.

Carlos Z

Can somebody explain the math on how the money Is made in a long. For example when you choose, 10x, 50x 100x etc. The curriculum explains how its calculated in a short but I didn’t see anything on a long. Thank you guys.

@filip

Death Cross

Hi guys,

According to this definition, BTC has crossed down the 200 MA with the 50 days MA.

So is it a sell off?

thanks!

1 Like

Hi @filip

You talk about stop-loss and take profit orders. I understand the concepts, however.
In my knowledge it is not possible to place both these orders. is this correct or does it depend on the kind of exchange?

Thanks in advance!

Jordi

Hi @filip

1- Regarding Order Book, as its seen in the picture (black arrows), the sum of order sizes in both Sell & Buy orders are accumulated from Top to bottom. You mentioned in the video that Buy is ascending and Sell is descending.

2- As seen in the picture, the red arrows are showing highlighted rows partly and completely filled. How and what should I interpret from them?

3- Regarding quiz question, how can I recognize sell/buy pressure through order book?

4- Regarding quiz question, how can I recognize support/resistance levels through order book?

Regards
Pooya

image_2021-07-14_18-33-57

This aged well :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Did you take action accordingly? :smile:

@filip @ivan
Binance Depth- BTC

I have a question regarding the Depth Of Market charts through the attached picture.

Could you please elaborate on 3 marked items on the picture that how I can interpret those graphs and numbers?

Regards
Pooya

In the video about order books I was having trouble defining size. From my understanding its the amount of bitcoin in usd available in the market within that section of the offer table. Please correct me if im wrong.