Truffle Introduction

Hi @AaronRene

Make sure that truffle is using the same Solidity version specified in your pragma statements.
Check this out and let me know: FAQ - How do change truffle version

1 Like

I haven’t been able to compile the contract in my terminal. It keeps saying that it can’t find my “Helloworld” file.

You haven’t code the migration for your contract that’s why is not migrating it.
Check this video out :slight_smile:
https://academy.ivanontech.com/products/ethereum-smart-contract-programming-201/categories/1993907/posts/6667997

I haven’t gotten to that point yet. I’m still on the “Hello World” video. I haven’t compiled the contract yet so I can’t deploy it. That’s why I haven’t built the migration file.

I got these error messages when I’m trying to download truffle, what I should do?

Hey @Ville

Other students had the same, issue.
Check this topic and follow the instructions: Setting up your environment

Regards,
Dani

Hi @Deitrich_Brown

You are trying to deploy a new contract using Truffle, therefore you need to write a migration file.
Follow the video I send you last time and keep us posted.

Regards,
Dani

I tried to deploy the contract and this came up. I try compiling the contract and it says that it can’t find my contract.

When I run truffle init, it says command not found. I installed everything correctly heres screen shots.

Hey @RCV

Try to npm install -g truffle, if you get an error sudo npm install -g truffle.
Also downgrade node: FAQ - How to downgrade Node.Js

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Dani

1 Like

i down graded node js, when i enter the command -v. I get the following

1 Like

Hey @RCV

You use -v when you want to know the version of a program installed.
You need to state the program you want to know the version of :slight_smile:

truffle -v gives you the version of Truffle installed on your machine.
node -v gives the version of Node.

1 Like

Good day! How do I get the Atom text editor to automatically change the text color on my solidity code? Thanks!

Update: Installed language-solidity package in atom

1 Like

I was never able to figure this out.
Fortunately, I have a cheap windows 10 Lenovo laptop which I rarely used and kept. I pulled that out for this and it works perfectly.

This is what happens when I run sudo npm install -g truffle. It wont let me type my password for some reason.

Ignore my last post i figured it out haha, thanks Dan-i.

1 Like

Sorry to ask you a million questions. So i changed the compiler version in the truffle-config.js file to 0.5.12, i still get the following error. Should i just change my statement to 0.5.16? or will that affect my ability to continue with the course. The other option is to downgrade truffle to compiler 0.5.12? I went to https://trufflesuite.com/docs/truffle/reference/configuration#compiler-configuration but I dont understand how to implement this.

Hey @RCV

Make sure to change the compiler (to 0.5.12) as explained here: FAQ - How do change truffle version

Once done, close ganache and open it back.
Then run truffle migrate --reset.

The compiler is downloaded as soon as you run truffle so you don’t need to do anything manually except for change the truffle version in truffle-config.

Give it a try and let me know.

Cheers,
Dani

1 Like

Success!! Finally thanks dan-i!!!

1 Like

I’m working with a Mac machine running Big Sur 11 (my first time using a mac for development) and for some reason, even after installing truffle in the local directory, my command prompt returns an error for any truffle commands. It says truffle is not a recognized command. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you!