Uniswap and metamask

Hi everyone
I am new to the crypto space and i am reaching out for assistance with Uniswap?
I bought a small amount of Trustswap as a trial from their website using uniswap and Metamask. I can see the transaction in etherscan but I don’t know what the SWAP token address is and how to store them.
I also don’t have a send option in my uniswap V2, only swap and pool options.
I would appreciate anyone’s help
Thank you
Ian

3 Likes

Hi Ian,

I’m a newbie too, but the other day I played with uniswap and boughts some tokens.

In your MetaMask, you should see your “main token”, usually takes ETH as default but you can add as many as you want.

Just scroll down, clic on ADD TOKEN. Most of them will appear right away when you type in their ticker… that’s easy, you can even try with tokens that you don’t own.

Well, but in ocasions not all tokens appear on MetaMask, so when you clic in ADD TOKEN, you must add its ERC20 contract address. To find it out, just to CoinGecko and search your token.

eg: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/trustswap

You will find the link to etherscan.oi, it will take you to the url where you can get all the info:

SWAP’s ERC20 contract is: 0xcc4304a31d09258b0029ea7fe63d032f52e44efe

Then open your MetaMask, had that contract address and after confirm it, your balance will appear.

Good luck and let me know if it works for you!
Albert

6 Likes

Ok, so I got my Metamask app on Brave, and its pay day so my plan is to stick a few ££ in my coinbase wallet, transfer it to ETH and send it to my MetaMask wallet. Does that sound like an ok way to go about dipping my toe in the Ethereom pool?

1 Like

I did something similar. I had ETH in crypto.com, I transferred it to my MetaMask and linked it to Uniswap… easy :slight_smile:

For me looks fine, but I don’t much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Albert

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me.
I have added an image of my Metamask balance for SWAP and the trial transaction I did, however it is showing a negative balance?
Should I delete the token and redo?

Thank you
Ian

Nomarsky
July 23

Hi Ian,

I’m a newbie too, but the other day I played with uniswap and boughts some tokens.

In your MetaMask, you should see your “main token”, usually takes ETH as default but you can add as many as you want.

Just scroll down, clic on ADD TOKEN. Most of them will appear right away when you type in their ticker… that’s easy, you can even try with tokens that you don’t own.

Well, but in ocasions not all tokens appear on MetaMask, so when you clic in ADD TOKEN, you must add its ERC20 contract address. To find it out, just to CoinGecko and search your token.

eg: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/trustswap

You will find the link to etherscan.oi, it will take you to the url where you can get all the info:

Ethereum (ETH) Blockchain Explorer
### TrustSwap Token (SWAP) Token Tracker | Etherscan

TrustSwap Token (SWAP) Token Tracker on Etherscan shows the price of the Token $0.2819, total supply 100,000,000, number of holders 4,210 and updated information of the token. The token tracker page also shows the analytics and historical data.

SWAP’s ERC20 contract is: 0xcc4304a31d09258b0029ea7fe63d032f52e44efe

Then open your MetaMask, had that contract address and after confirm it, your balance will appear.

Good luck and let me know if it works for you!
Albert

But it is showing a negative balance?

That’s weird… Idk what to say.

Does the transaction show the correct balance output in the blockchain?

Try to send your swaps to another wallet or create one with another app. Looks like a bug to me.

Also you can try your metamask seedphrase in another wallet, double check the balance there without sending the swaps. Or the third option, load metamask using another browser.

Looks like I sent it to the wrong address!

0x7a250d5630B4cF539739dF2C5dAcb4c659F2488D

Do you know how to delete a coin in metamask and I can try and reload with the correct address?

Good job it wasn’t your life savings! I just sent some ethereum from my coinbase wallet to metamask using the barcode scanner, take out the human element… now just keep my fingers crossed

Oh yeah its gone in, that was quick! Glegy, I’m sorry not sure I can help you as don’t know anything about trustswap… coinbase app seems to work ok for me and its really easy to use and transfer crypto as a starting point. I’ve been using mainly Binance and Bitfinex trading platforms before this.

Hi Ian,

You cannot “delete” a coin, because it is a transaction in the blockchain.
So what you can do is hide it:

imagen

I haven’t tried, but I think you can have more accounts in your metamask. In case you need to start over from scratch with swap or other coin and leave the rest token unchanged.
As you can see from the image, my metamask shows “Account 1”, what makes me think and can add “account 2, 3, etc”.

Another thing… correct me if I’m wrong, 'cos I don’t understand how you send the swaps to a wrong address…

Perhaps when you swapped the token you selected “add recipient”?

From my understanding that’s only used if you want to take the new token and send them to another wallet.
If you just want to get the new token and leave it in your metamask wallet, don’t do anything. They get added to your address.
Then, to check your balance of tokens, you only have to add them as I explained it in the previous replies.

More stuff… if you want to “change” ETH (or other ERC20 token), and you don’t find it in the default list, you can go to:

https://uniswap.info/home

Search the token:

imagen

Double check it is the token you want and clic on TRADE:

The app will take you back to uniswap screen as in the first picture.

I hope it helps,
:slight_smile:

Albert

This is all helpful stuff. I myself have swapped eth for trustswap and XIO but can see neither in my metamask. I’ll try the above…:+1:t5:

Hi Albert

Thank you so much for your efforts here, however I still cant work out where the issue lies. I have reached out to Uniswap and MM but have not had a response yet. I opened a second MM account and made a small trial purchase of XIO and it also is not showing in MM, this is frustrating to say the least! I have this random address that is different to the ones on each account. My MM account addresses are;

0xD96Ab9beAc9B265f3D67a3e60a03aE60E9019206

0x7be71714F30f997389Ec214599fBf248465D17f9

Yet the contract address showing on Ethersacn, see attached is, 0x7a250d5630b4cf539739df2c5dacb4c659f2488d, this was the one also showing when i did the SWAP transaction!

Nomarsky
July 24

Another thing… correct me if I’m wrong, 'cos I don’t understand how you send the swaps to a wrong address…

Perhaps when you swapped the token you selected “add recipient”?

imagen

If you just want to get the new token and leave it in your metamask wallet, don’t do anything. They get added to your address.
Then, to check your balance of tokens, you only have to add them as I explained it in the previous replies.

More stuff… if you want to “change” ETH (or other ERC20 token), and you don’t find it in the default list, you can go to:

https://uniswap.info/home

Search the token:

Double check it is the token you want and clic on TRADE:

The app will take you back to uniswap screen as in the first picture.

I hope it helps,
:slight_smile:

Albert

1 Like

Ok, I hope you find a solution. Let me know if you do and post it here, so everyone can learn :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear dude. It happens… consider it the ‘price of your education’. As a matter of course, I find it productive and comforting to check the first and last 4 characters of any transaction.

I had the same thing happen to me. I traded ETH for XIO. Now it’s not in MetaMask. It’s driving me crazy. I’m having a hard time finding the receiving address to verify before I do the swap. This only raises my anxiety of doing swaps with these sites. Is this kind of thing common? Did I miss it or did someone find a way of getting those coins back?

Update: I figured it out. Go to add tokens in MM - Custom - Copy/ Paste contract address of XIO (etherscan.io) and add. Relief…

Similar learning curve to everybody, The add new token feature in Meta you will find and copy and paste the long address from etherscan into Meta, it will find it, be really careful as people produce fake SWAP addressses but you can see they dont have many transactions showing on etherscan. With uni-
swap they have no help desk as such I have been burnt there recently with RING they suddenly took away 5000 RING now worth 150$ ! took ages to report and didnt refund, I found Kyber more expensive but very slick by comparison. PENDING PENDING PENDING you will get sick of it and pay the extra :slight_smile:

theres an option to hide it only from my experience and then the new one would only be seen

Thank you for your comments Adam