Using the DAI savings rate - Assignment

Wait a second…but if ampleforth peggs DAI the stablecoin will still be stable.
Then DAI could used as a new currency by pricing Bitcoin , Eth and all the others???
There we go , no more FIAT ahahahah
I am.going nuts but it should make sense

5 Likes

Hi Theo!
I did the same printscreen and posted here at the forum (but in other topic). It’s really interesting to have those saving rates, especially after watching the videos with 7 or 8%.
I asked some stuff around on twitter and the creator of Bankless (it’s on some of this courses lectures) passed me the following article:

Read it well I am sure you will have it more clear why we have 0% rates at the moment!
Take care.
8 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply it was helpful

2 Likes

VERY constructive share :point_up:t5:

2 Likes

Hello Amadeo,

I wanted to play around with blockchain/explorer, EtherScan, Metamask and OASIS app.

Firstly, I sent from crypto.com wallet some Dai converted into ETH via coinswitch which then I sent to my hot wallet metamask.

It seems that I might have done a bad manipulation and never get those ETH into my metamask. The status for this order ID is “TIMEOUT” I then created a coinswitch ticket to ask what happened. They replied asking me to “provide them the transaction hash of the coins I have sent, the exchange is waiting for the coins to start the conversion process” for the Hash ID of this transaction.

I sent then an email to crypto.com support to request the tx ID of this transaction but not did a response yet.

Do you know how I could by myself retrieve this Hash ID for this specific transaction from crypto.com? (I downloaded my transaction history from their app but could not find this hash id)

Please let me know if this is the right place to ask for such request. If not, I will advise.

Thanks in advance for your help,

1 Like

Great contetnt and walk through Amadeo!

Realy like what Maker Dao is working on. Have as well been on Maker Dao Meetup with your colegue Petru Catana. Realy great team!!

I am looking to build some DEFI product but still develping ideas with team at Slovenian Blockchain association.

One quick and dirty opportunity is to spend money on mastercard (with 0% interest rate) convert in Dai and mint some interest:)

BR Jaka

2 Likes

Yeaa lets use the BRRRR money printer to arbitrage

6 Likes

Creating a universal cryptocurrency debit card, wherein one will be able to use it anywhere in the world in their local currency without any hassles of currency exchange or related fees.

3 Likes

Just managed to place dai into Oasis to find out That intrest rates are at zero. But im proud That i managed to do it.

2 Likes

Amazing man.
Just like the world todat lets hope all can go back to normal soon :smiley:
In the mean time as a next step try to use it does still give intrest rates since it swaps your tokens between stabel tokens and looks for the highst intrest and automaticly arbitrages as well.
https://y.curve.fi/

1 Like

I really do see many different ways this will disrupt banking. Getting a loan or making interest on your investment is now just a mouse click away. It will be amazing to see how everything scales as the market share grows.

3 Likes

To test things out I opened a new vault using Oasis on the Kovan Test Network then deposited some DAI and ETH into Compound. Was pretty easy. Only took a few minutes.

Maker and DAI is pretty cool. I’d consider using it as a place to park idle cash in the future. Right now though the DSR is zero since DAI is above $1 and the stability fee is only 0.5% to incentivize people to mint new DAI (increasing supply and putting downward pressure on the DAI price back towards 1). If you need some cash that’s great, but not so great if you’re looking for returns while hodling crypto (that doesn’t support staking). The centralized lending platforms like Celsius and Nexo have better stable coin returns at the moment.

It’s unfortunate there are not better returns in decentralized protocols on crytpo assets like ETH directly. You again need to look to the centralized lending platforms. I suppose you could provide liquidity on Uniswap or Kyber, but the risks are more complicated:

Transaction History

9 Likes

Amazing man keep it up :slight_smile:

what does everyone on the forum think about the lastest news on European Central Bank cracking down on Decentralized Stablecoins? We need to continue this work further and make it available to more. They will do anything they can to stop this which I think in long term is very bad. As mentioned during the course stablecoins have a certain future and an important role to play especially in countries which lack a stable financial system (which ultimately is most countries).

1 Like

See here my response :slight_smile: