What is hyperledger - Discussion

Hi Filip,

at this point I am not familiar with blockchain, as you assume in the lesson.

It would be very helpful and much easier to learn if you could follow Ivans approach working with examples.

Humans are learning by experience, stories and emotions that are attached to it.

Thanks for taking this into consideration and application.
Angela

1 Like

Hello Ev’body,
My question is on a hyperledger Blockchain do you have para chains for different depts/txns?

Hope this makes sense.

I do not quite understand that, but in terms of Parachains to communicate between other chains, I’m not complete sure, but could be the possibility to deploy different chains depending on the use case for the company.

Carlos Z.

Than @thecil, That’s what I meant. You can’t right off the para-chain idea for the future, companies having multiple chains for different depts., with an over arching protocol!!?

Hi all, I have finished Hyperledger Peers section, where is the picture of how Hyperledger works

I just need something to clarify. Steps 1.-3. are basically a verification whether transaction can be added to ledger or not (verification through executing the chaincode). Correct? If so, then there is Step 4., which will update the ledger. Right? Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a question how is a World state updated for each peer? If I make a transaction it will get into blockchain. Due to the blockchain it travels to all nodes (peers). And each peer has also a World state. When a transaction gets into peer’s blockchain, does it automatically go to peer’s World state? Thanks.

1 Like

1 Like

What’s the difference between a peer and a node?

1 Like

It’s a language thing about the relationship. It’s like “people” and “friends”. It’s not that friends aren’t also people. We might say that people are friends because they have a certain relationship to us.

Ethereum/Bitcoin nodes are initially alone, and then they seek out other nodes to talk to. When nodes agree to talk, they become peers to each other.

“Peers” is another word for a person just like me with similar knowledge and abilities. A node’s peers are other nodes that work the same way. Nodes talk to the network through their peers, and learn about the network from their peers.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hyperledger Fabric seems to be a step backward on the Trustless Chain that a true public blockchain provides. Having components of Blockchain does not make private Hyperledger a Blockchain alternative - Trust / Nodes Certificates / Super User levels are all characteristics of third party verification and systematic control, not to mention a centralized authority.

Maybe this midway point is needed to assist businesses transition to a true blcokchain model?
rjr
2021-04-01T04:00:00Z

Hey, I got a good understanding of hyperledger and how it works, but in the picture, what would be a real world example of the channel (C in the pic) the peers would be connected to? What real world info would they be receiving?

Thanks for the great content!
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 11.25.37 AM

1 Like

@thecil ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is this the right place to be asking questions
?

1 Like

Yes it is, sorry for the delay.

What is exactly your question? About the real world data? quite hard to answer, it could be anything that is interested to share between different participants, C can be seen as the node where all ORG takes/share data over them.

The most common example is package delivery, 1 participant sent a asset to another one thorugh a delivery services, the data to track the package can be monitored by the hyperledger, so participan #1 (sender) can put all data related to the delivery on the Node ©, then all participants waiting their package can monitor the real time status on it.

Carlos Z

1 Like

I have a question. Is it possible to have a channel where members share information with some central entity in the channel (role/permission would be conferred by MSP), but cannot see the information others share, or would this central entity require a private channel with each individual sharing data to maintain data privacy?

I would guess the later as the ledger is stored in all nodes that are members of that channel
 but curious about whether asymmetries between certain members of the channel are possible.

Thank You!

I have a simple question to you which you can hopefully answer due to your large question. Is there Even a difference between nodes and peers?
I Hope my question does not sound silly. Greetings from Vienna :slight_smile:

Kind of off subject, but not really

Can most/any cryptocurrency be used on hyperledger for financial transactions?

1 Like