What Should My Next Step Be?

Hi everyone.

My name is Maks and I’ve started in the Academy a little over a month ago and I have to say I LOVE it. I’ve always been interested in programming, but never knew if it was what I wanted to do in life, but now I’m pretty certain this is IT.
The problem is, I don’t really know what my next step should be. I’m currently 18 and in my last year of High School. My parents want me to go to college straight after High School, but I don’t know if that’s the right move for me.
So my question to you is: Do you think I should look for a job in the blockchain and crypto space straight out of High School, or should I go to an IT school and get extra certification?

Just wanted to get your opinion on this :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Personally I think traditional collage is a waste of money.

1 Like

College gives you a receipt that says you know something. This is important for certain industries and companies (If you want to work in them, you’ll need it). This allows certain options in life - certain doors to opportunity to be left open. Look deep within to know which doors to opportunity you wish to start closing… but either you, others, situations, or time will close these doors eventually. Your life is yours to walk. I’m sure if you are seeking information from here, would will probably also seek perspectives elsewhere too. Take them in and see what sticks. With the above in mind, I would generally say to follow your heart. A well worn path - the path well travelled - just isn’t as interesting a life. Best of Luck.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.
I did forget to specify I live in Europe in Slovenia where college is free.
The only thing I would have to pay for is accommodation, which isn’t more than 250€ per month.

Thanks for the kind words :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll definitely have to take some time and talk to myself about what I truly want, but it’s good to have other people’s perspectives in mind.

1 Like

Hey Max:)

I don’t think you have to make a decision right away:why not do both?i personaly think that the world we live in is changing extremely fast and blockchains will be a huge part of the future. So things you would learn in colleague could be obsolete at one point in time(maybe even soon).on the other hand side going to colleague and finding a good job is something that most people would see as a”safe bet”.i don’t see a conflict in doing both at the same time:maybe a part-time job in the crypto and blockchain space during your study time?while doing this, your path will get more clear during the process.

If the salary is the main incentive for your job, I would recommend reading the book “rich dad poor dad”from robert kiyosaki

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!!

This would probably be the best way to go. I’d be able to see both the study path and the job path simultaneously. And I can always drop my studies if I don’t feel like that is the right thing for me at the time and maybe pick them back up if needed in the future.

Also thank you for the book recommendation. I’ve heard a lot about ‘‘Rich dad, poor dad’’ and people have recommended it to me in the past, but I never got to reading it, but I’ll definitely take the time to sit down and have a little quarantine reading session :wink:

1 Like

My advice for that age mate would be to get a real part time job earning some cash… you can’t go wrong with some money in you’re back pocket. On the side study like hell in @ivan academy year after year, join networks of good Devs and be active in the community. By the time you’re 25 fella you could be absolutely smashing it in life. But you gotta work hard.

I’m a time served Touring Systems engineer in the Live Music Industry and due to this Covid nonsense our industry is on its knees ATM. So for me this was the perfect time to go out and study Crypto and Blockchain Technology.

Blockchain is a Technology, it’s innovative. It’s the future for our generation. Get stuck in about it pal.

Good luck

Rob

1 Like

As a parent myself I would give my child the following advice. Go to college so you always have something to fall back on.

In today’s world a high school diploma does not get you anywhere unless you just happen to fall into a job of a lifetime.

Advice and opinions are a dime a dozen but that’s my advice.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and the advice.

I do think of a College Degree as a safety net, just in case something happens.

Any and all advice is appreciated especially from people with more life experience than me :grin:

Thanks for the reply and the great advice :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll have to work really hard to get somewhere in life, especially in a rapidly developing space :smile: but it’s great to have something that helps you and I have to say, that the Academy is a great tool to have when studying Blockchain and Crypto.

For years I’ve been trying to find my true passion in life and after only a few weeks of following Ivan and listening to the Gospel of Satoshi, I immediately knew this was it.

Hi there @MaxCrypto :wave:

Here is a perfect place to get the extra certifications.

I am not sure if Traditional education offers blockchain and Crypto courses like this academy!

Have a great week :smiley: