What's the best DEX?

Hey guys, I wanted to hear your opinions on what’s the best decentralized exchange out there? Is there even one that actually works?

Thanks!

Hi,
I used etherdelta for the ECR20 tokens… and cryptopia.co.nz for a lot of the small unknown coins. it takes a while to understand them but once you know how to do it, they’re fun to trade on.

2 Likes

You can try BitShares DEX.

https://bitshares.org/

https://wallet.bitshares.org/

1 Like

Thanks Diodogomes! :slight_smile:

Ethos very sonn ‘’’’’

2 Likes

I first learnt to use DEX’s with EtherDelta last year, but this was in December and it took me 8 hours to make a sale due to network congestion. I wasn’t a fan of the gas fees for placing limit sells (not just executing market sells). I would therefore never use it again! ForkDelta doesn’t interest me either, although it’s supposed to be better, it still has the same gas fee issues regarding using the order books.

I now use IDEX which has grown on me, namely due to the fees coming from the tokens you are buying/selling as opposed to all costs being gas based, which also increases the efficiency of the platform it seems. Not to mention there are no fees for placing limit buys/sells, as the exchange isn’t a “pure DEX” is this sense. I think it’s a smarter model until Ethereum can scale properly.

I’m curious to hear of other DEX options if anyone has any though! I’m also looking forward to the new NEON exchange (NEX) for NEO based tokens. I hope this will become popular once launched, and more tokens are NEP-5 based rather than ERC20. Not shilling, I didn’t invest in the ICO I promise :wink:

3 Likes

What are some of the gotchas to someone new to DEX’s?

1 Like

Really Bitshares? With all respect. i find it the worst DEX on the plant.
IDEX is the best so far.

2 Likes

BarterDEX is most advanced DEX available.

It is a fully working, decentralized, p2p, atomic swaps based DEX daemon conducting cross chain swaps between more than 95% of all coins and tokens, including ethereum and ERC20 tokens.
With more than 100k completed atomic swaps under the bridge and already with some alpha version GUIs it is going to enable average users to enjoy the freedom and security of exchanging assets through BarterDEX atomic swaps daemon.
1 Like

awesome! I will go check out BarterDEX then.

1 Like

Have you checked token.store? I used it to buy a more obscure crypto.

Not too bad however the interface is a little counter-intuitive. Hoping to see one that has a smoother interface. Binance DEX will be exciting when it gets up and running.

1 Like

I’ve just started my own DEX DeFi ecosystem which will be hopefully a game changer. We’re literally weeks away from launching, google Swapdex. thanks.

2 Likes

I really like the superlow fees and fast fast speed of Honeyswap..
Unfortunately, being on the fairly new XDAI chain, it still has limited tokens and spotty liquidity.
It’s a clone of Uniswap, so it works exactly the same way.
The advantage is that the native coin on XDAI is the XDAI, which is pegged to the DAI, and hence the USD. (Yeah, pegged to Fed bags. Oh well.)

You can get DAI back and forth pretty easily on the XDAI bridge, and other tokens from mainnet to XDAI chain with the omnibridge.

I think the sweet spot is going to be for the small trader who just doesn’t want to deal with the volatile and often prohibitive fees on Uniswap. XDAI chain is working well so far as a layer2 solution, and as far as I know will be integrated somehow into Eth2 when it launches. You know, next week. :wink:

If XDAI isn’t integrated into Eth2 Honeyswap will probably migrate to an Eth2 shard.
To find out more about Honeyswap you can join the 1Hive community on Discord.

1 Like

I am in Switzerland and have a CHF bank account. Binance which is recommended does not accept CHF transfer. Kraken should and I set up an account on their website with the proper documentation. ( ID , picture ). I send them a small amount of money, but they now want a picture with a hand-written disclaimer on one hand and and my ID in the other hand, which I find very strange. Has anybody gone through this ?Is there another exchange that you would recommend or a way to purchase bitcoin through a Swiss bank transfer in CHF .

Thank you

1 Like

Hey, this procedure is quite common and the same procedure is with other exchanges also.

You don`t need to worry about this. I am using Kraken since 2016 and i am ok with it :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, regards.

1 Like