Which WEB3 version for my DAPP?

Hey all,

Im currently trying to build a small Dapp with the course. Which version of web3 would you recommend? The old one from the course? Im just thinking about if its better to start directly with an new version of web3 because a lot of command had changed?

Im thankful for an advice and a link to the documentation would be nice.

Thank you all!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hello sir, I have moved your topic to the proper category, so the community can reach your questions easily.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hey @danielp

You should try more versions of web3 and pick the one you like the most.
For the documentation, just google web3 documentation and you will be able to pick the right documentation for the web3 version you are using.

Happy learning,
Dani

Hey thanks for your answer. So there is no recomm due to securita or functionality? So I can take the one from Filip and its secure? :smiley:

Sorry for the stupid question. Just want to make it right.

Thanks

1 Like

I would suggest you to start with the same version that Filip used in the videos, so that you can follow along without problems.
Also I can tell you that there is not too much difference between older and newer versions :slight_smile:

For now just focus on learning web3, once you master it then you can dive deep in most recent releases.

Have a great day,
Dani

1 Like

Cool, I will do that.

Thanks for help.

Regards, Daniel

1 Like